2023/24 Sean Dyche

3rd best defence in the prem

4th best defence in the league despite losing 6-0 away at Chelsea and 4-0 away to Villa. Only let in 38 league goals bar those two games. Pretty impressive to be fair to Dyche.

Goals against

Arsenal 26
City 32
RS 36
Everton 48
Spurs 49
United 51

It would have looked so much more impressive if we hadnt shipped those 6 lol

We didn't win a game for 4 months, glad you had fun back then, I know I didn't.

Stop pretending these things didn't happen and aren't alarming. What is the excuse going to be when it happens again next year, as he's clearly so beloved now so we're "building" a team with him?
And we've now just won 4 at home on the spin, guaranteed safety, andbattered the RS against the backdrop of points deductions and existential crisis.

And here you are fuming about the results over a randomly selected section of the season.

Give your head a massive wobble.

And we've now just won 4 at home on the spin, guaranteed safety, battered the RS against the backdrop of points deductions and existential crisis.

And here you are fuming about the results over a randomly selected section of the season.

Exactly, judge at the end of the season. Considering the deductions and the distractions off the pitch he's done very well

And we've now just won 4 at home on the spin, guaranteed safety, andbattered the RS against the backdrop of points deductions and existential crisis.

20d78ebeeb5c059eaba70dc979ab8fa9.gif

I'm not looking to get in to arguments with folks, they bore the sh** out of me, but I just don't understand the acceptance of the last 3 (counting this one) end-of-seasons' relegation nonsense. I don't care about the points deductions this year. 3 years on the 'kin trot with another season of eyesore football; crap results for, what has already been mentioned, MONTHS. It's not good enough by any club's standards, if they're worth a shiz. A new stadium isn't going to fix things, unfortunately. The only reason I can agree with Dyche continuing is because I don't trust 777 to have a 'kin clue who to replace him with.
I will never understand why the bad results are always weighted more than the good ones.

Yeah we had a bad run, we also had some goods ones hence why we are (or would) be sitting in mid table.

We are not "worth a shiz" though. That's kind of the issue. We are an absolute shambles so to be away from the relegation fight in those circumstances deserves a bit of credit I reckon.

Goals against

Arsenal 26
City 32
RS 36
Everton 48
Spurs 49
United 51

It would have looked so much more impressive if we hadnt shipped those 6 lol
Defense wasn't our problem last year, also not the most seasons before, but the attack.

I still think some users used a time machine like Marty McFly coming straight from 80s where Kendall was still in our manager and don't consider it to be true to see Everton in the sad state of 2024.