2023/24 Sean Dyche

Garner, Gueye and and Doucoure will remain, IMO. But we could do with a Carsley-type / McCarthy (first season here) holding player. Gueye cant do that.

Garner and Doucoure definitely - but Gueye only stays on massively reduced terms imo, given we signed him from PSG and need to cut costs. We could do with two holding players really, one to be first team and one to be back up - so I can see us letting Gueye go given he doesn't fit that bill to clear up the what, 120k? 130k a week on wages? Then as you say, someone who can make something happen on the edge of the penalty box. Maybe that becomes McNeil if we can find a winger instead.

blueboy72 you have given two examples of Corberan getting into the playoff spots as evidence of his managerial prowess yet just yesterday you stated that Dyche finishing in the european places was a fluke season.

You appear happy to crown every other managers achievements yet when it comes to Dyche, every win is always lucky, every achievement is a fluke.

This is why the dreamers cannot be taken seriously. Now don't get me wrong, this Carlos chap may well be decent, yet he has failed to do what many so called "rubbish" managers on 'ere have managed to do (Benitez, Dyche, Biesla, Nuno) thats get their teams promoted to the land of milk and honey.

Even Kompany looked like Guardiola down there, ultimately its a big jump in quality between the PL & fizzy pop league. Dyche has proven to be able to manage in this division. The question is, can Corberan ?
All them managers, either were given loads of money ie Nuno and Bielsa or managed big clubs that had premier league money. Rafael, dyche, Kompany.
Like I’ve said he’s took 2 different clubs from the bottom of the championship to the play offs with limited resources, that’s not a fluke

99-00 points 50
00-01 points 42
01-02 points 43
02-03 points 59
03-04 points 39
04-05 points 61
05-06 points 50
06-07 points 58
07-08 points 65
08-09 points 63
09-10 points 61
10-11 points 54
11-12 points 56
12-13 points 63
13-14 points 72
14-15 points 47
15-16 points 47
16-17 points 61
17-18 points 49
18-19 points 54
19-20 points 49
20-21 points 59
21-22 points 39
22-23 points 36
23-24 ?

They you are then, 25 years worth of points totals for us to gauge up against.
Did they all have the same players? It’s not the way to judge the job his doing

All them managers, either were given loads of money ie Nuno and Bielsa or managed big clubs that had premier league money. Rafael, dyche, Kompany.
Like I’ve said he’s took 2 different clubs from the bottom of the championship to the play offs with limited resources, that’s not a fluke

If he gets WBA promoted, keeps WBA in the Premier League and gets them 7th then we could certainly make a case for him replacing Dyche.

At this stage however, he's a million miles away from being good enough to get a job at a club like Everton.

Did they all have the same players? It’s not the way to judge the job his doing
For compare and contrast purposes. None of the other sides kept every one of their respective players either. It's a means to gauge the strength of the league in a certain year and to consider how the managers have gotten on.

If he gets WBA promoted, keeps WBA in the Premier League and gets them 7th then we could certainly make a case for him replacing Dyche.

At this stage however, he's a million miles away from being good enough to get a job at a club like Everton.
No he’d have to get relegated first and then come up, get them 7th and then drop like a stone and get relegated And sacked again and then sit on his hands for 12 months.

Don’t worry Coreberan is highly rated, he won’t be at a no mark club for 10yrs

Garner and Doucoure definitely - but Gueye only stays on massively reduced terms imo, given we signed him from PSG and need to cut costs. We could do with two holding players really, one to be first team and one to be back up - so I can see us letting Gueye go given he doesn't fit that bill to clear up the what, 120k? 130k a week on wages? Then as you say, someone who can make something happen on the edge of the penalty box. Maybe that becomes McNeil if we can find a winger instead.

Just a pity nothings coming through the ranks.

The old European chestnut

It was what 8yrs ago and after that they stated to fall like a stone and he couldn’t change the story and got relegated 🤣

Fluke seasons happen. Nuno got wolves 7th twice would you want him? Chris wilder got Sheffield Utd 9th a few seasons ago. Look at Moyes early years. 17th,4th, 11th. Leicester 1st then 9th

You can then seasons where everything falls for you,
No injuries, luck with ref decisions etc. I wouldn’t expect him to keep Burnley 7th, but after moyes’s early years he kept us top 8, 8 seasons running. Once Burnley started to drop he had no answer.
In fairness he absolutely had the rug pulled from underneath him and had consistently been given only a fraction of what he could raise in sales to spend - and even that was deemed too much in his last couple of seasons. You can only go to the well so many times with that approach. See also the Southampton hierarchy kidding themselves that their excellent academy and purchase of young fringe players from other clubs would sustain relentless selling of established first team talent.

You can't really compare it with Moyes time at Everton if you're going to argue to disregard things that happened 8 years ago. That's double standards. Moyes joined Everton 22 years ago and left 11 years ago. Considerably more time than the 'old European chestnut'.

In fairness he absolutely had the rug pulled from underneath him and had consistently been given only a fraction of what he could raise in sales to spend - and even that was deemed too much in his last couple of seasons. You can only go to the well so many times with that approach. See also the Southampton hierarchy kidding themselves that their excellent academy and purchase of young fringe players from other clubs would sustain relentless selling of established first team talent.

You can't really compare it with Moyes time at Everton if you're going to argue to disregard things that happened 8 years ago. That's double standards. Moyes joined Everton 22 years ago and left 11 years ago. Considerably more time than the 'old European chestnut'.
Not to mention some of the signings Moyes made. Under normal circumstances, no way do Burnley ever compete with Everton when it comes to signing players, being an attractive proposition. transfer fees. wages etc. Comparing Moyes at Everton and Dyche at Burnley is like comparing apples and oranges.

blueboy72 you have given two examples of Corberan getting into the playoff spots as evidence of his managerial prowess yet just yesterday you stated that Dyche finishing in the european places was a fluke season.

You appear happy to crown every other managers achievements yet when it comes to Dyche, every win is always lucky, every achievement is a fluke.

This is why the dreamers cannot be taken seriously. Now don't get me wrong, this Carlos chap may well be decent, yet he has failed to do what many so called "rubbish" managers on 'ere have managed to do (Benitez, Dyche, Biesla, Nuno) thats get their teams promoted to the land of milk and honey.

Even Kompany looked like Guardiola down there, ultimately its a big jump in quality between the PL & fizzy pop league. Dyche has proven to be able to manage in this division. The question is, can Corberan ?

You are such a weird little flute.

@ForeverBlue92 hears this a lot - is there any proof of this ?

Doing well with a Championship side is surely getting them in a position to ride home into auto promotion ? He seems decent but nothing special at this stage.

If he was called Carl Cobin and Dyche was called Sebastian Dychinho the hipsters would be saying the reverse.

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷 🐷 🐷 🐷 🐷 🐷 🐷 🐷 🐷

Someone posted a list of his spending at Burnley the other day, it's more than you would think and most of it was utterly wasted on tat. The Southampton thing stopped because they sacked Les Reed who was in charge of the academy and quite a bit more behind the scenes and everything just fell to bits when they let him go.

Someone posted a list of his spending at Burnley the other day, it's more than you would think and most of it was utterly wasted on tat. The Southampton thing stopped because they sacked Les Reed who was in charge of the academy and quite a bit more behind the scenes and everything just fell to bits when they let him go.
I'm looking at when the genuine fall off began in the last 2-3 years.

I'd disagree that Les Reed going was the sole reason. I think the well just ran dry, it was relentlessly plundered in a very short space of time.

I'm looking at when the genuine fall off began in the last 2-3 years.

I'd disagree that Les Reed going was the sole reason. I think the well just ran dry, it was relentlessly plundered in a very short space of time.
That's only what people I know who follow Saints say, he was a key figure behind the scenes there. There is plenty of talent in that area and they are the only club and they have a bigger pull than Pompey do plus they are the main pull for the channel islands.