2023/24 Sean Dyche

The smart people turn on managers before they are appointed.

Carlo was the only right decision we have made since Moyes was sacked.
Im not sure he was as he bailed on us. Could see that coming as clear as day even though i was pleased and it was nice to have a short period of excitement in what has generally been an experience full of dissapointment supporting Everton since i was a kid. From the moment he arrived he must have been thinking what the hell have i signed up for.....please help me escape real madrid....
We need stability more than anything at the moment. New managers wont help our current crisis on multiple fronts. I feel Sean is handling it all well and would have us almost mid table if it wasnt for points deductions. He is capable of managing a side to play better football but he has a very thin and poor squad with zero cash.

It's about making huge judgement calls based on trigger headlines like "worst run in the clubs history" when the overall picture says he kept the club in the league despite an 8 point deduction, has the 4th best defence in the league, with an absentee chairman and a rudderless club lacking in resources.

I made the Moyes point to say...No one recalls him getting the worst points haul in the clubs history at one point do they? All they recall is that he had a generational talent sold for buttons and still qualified for the champions league the following season.

But whatever folk want to fuel their own agendas in wanting the manager gone go I guess
Using terms like "trigger headlines" and then accusing others of pushing agendas, smh.

The fact of the matter is that we went a third of a season without winning a match and, during the majority of that time, played dreadful football, really poor performances. You might be comfortable with that but I'm not. Our fiscal reality is that our squad is likely to get worse, if your argument is that this is the best that Dyche can do with the squad then, given a worse squad, that bodes poorly for next season. Your point might be that what Sean Dyche is getting out of the squad is the maximum anybody could get out of the squad, loads of posters have said that and I can't remember if you are one of them (it certainly would be on brand). If that is your point then I fervently disagree. My view is that he is an extremely limited manager who is playing how he has always played and history tells us that his style of play, ultimately, leads to relegation. I would prefer to avoid that outcome.

I like to think if we have to we can sell Onana and Branthwaite and hand Dyche enough to get a new RB, CB and buy another striker / playmaker type in.

Better options on the flanks and a player who can make things happen around the edge of the box would boost us. Dyche will always have an organised defence no matter the personnel.
Feck me Dave, that's exactly what we shouldn't do, that's one of the main reasons I want him gone, I don't want him to have any input into how our limited amount of money is spent.

Well it's okay lads, next year he'll buy a few players that he likes (30, 35+ all of them) and we'll defo be better.
Its not him that buys the players. Thats on Thelwell. He is limited by the the budget set by the man that has finally bancrupted the club after decades of mismanagement - thats on Moshiri. Please blame the correct people.

Do you think if we gave Dyche the 13/14 team he wouldn’t compete for Europe?

The best full backs in the league, with decent cover in both positions. Jagielka Distin Stones Heitinga Alcaraz to choose from at CB

Barry McCarthy Barkley Osman Gibson Pienaar for the midfield

Lukaku Mirallas Naismith Deulofeu Jelavic Kone as attacking options

I think he’d be absolutely walking us into Europe with that lot. We’d have a top 5 defence and players that can actually execute both controlling possession and playing on the counter plus depth in all positions.
He has never played any other style of football. Ever. You could give him the 1970 Brazil national team and he'd play it tight at the back, no overlap from the fullbacks, hoping to scrape a 1-0 on a set piece. That's how he is. He'd have absolutely ruined those fullbacks careers if he'd had that team.

This reposnse is ridiculous though. Im just an average Everton fan. Doesnt matter if I name 6 random managers, im not qualified to be making those decisions. As a professional club in a multibillion pound industry, you would expect us to employ some very qualified people whose actual job it is to make these decisions. Its their job to study, analyse data, gather information on professional managers with a view to future replacements.

Some absolute brainwashing going on with this club, having us believe that Dyche and his dinosaur football is the best we can achieve and we are lucky to have such a manager.

Look at what Moyes has done at West Ham and they are looking to move upwards from him. Yet you would have posters desperate to get him back too.

So you're qualified enough to say sack him, but not give a single name on who could replace him?

If you can shout to sack him, then you can put a name forward.

Remember, the very qualified people you refer to, are the same people who employed Dyche - who, has achieved the objective asked of him so far, being to keep us a Premier League club.

As a neutral, it's so funny to see Dyche fanboys and those that can't stand him here.

I appreciate the difficulties he's had to deal with off the field, it must have bern hard.

However the style of football and his tactics are archaic. The fact that he's a very seasoned manager who's history is on average one goal a game suggests its not just a struggle due to x reason. Its his style. He wont change but football has. He has been extremely lucky that there are 3 of the worst teams to have come up in the league this season.

My annoyance is the people who honestly believe there isnt one other manager across world football that couldnt do a better job here. Complete nonsense.

To me we've been steadily degraded each of the last 2 seasons, and it's likely to happen again.

But I reckon Dyche can bring a few in after selling a couple and with no deductions next season, hopefully, he can manage this again.
And then what? The more Dyche players in the squad the more 14th - 20th place finishes we can look forward to. If he's allowed to dictate transfer policy this summer our squad will have even less creative quality and pace than it currently does.