2023/24 Sean Dyche

By the metric I highlighted in bold above. Create more clear cut chances than the opposition. We’ve done that in 3 of 4 games.

Great, how many points do we have and where are we in the league?

The league table does not care about how many clear cut chances we’ve created. He has won 5 games out of 24. He is doing a poor job and has to improve or he’ll be sacked.

How is he doing a very good job? By what metric?
By the metric of any rational person, in making the most of what hes given to put his players in the best position to succeed.

There are two things he cant control, what players the board provides him with or sells away from him, and what the players do in the important moments on the field. He can help them in position to score, but he cant make them(Maupay) hit the net.

By the metric of any rational person, in making the most of what hes given to put his players in the best position to succeed.

There are two things he cant control, what players the board provides him with or sells away from him, and what the players do in the important moments on the field. He can help them in position to score, but he cant make them(Maupay) hit the net.

He’s not making the most of what he’s given though, not even close. He has made us worse defensively since he came in.

The league table does not care about how many clear cut chances we’ve created. He has won 5 games out of 24. He is doing a poor job and has to improve or he’ll be sacked.
And replaced with whom, that will do better with the squad he has? How many starters have the board purchased for him?

The result is literally uncontrollable. All you can do is put yourself into the best possible position to win the game. Unfortunately, it’s clear you don’t understand that so I’ll probably end this interaction here.

Also Sheff Utd created more clear cut chances than us today.

And finally, this isn’t even true.

If you’re interested, here are the stats. I hope you find some level of comfort and even an increased understanding of coaching football within them:

Everton 0-1 Fulham
Shots 19-9
XG 2.96 - 1.54

Everton 0-1 Wolves
Shots 15-11
XG 1.90 - 1.40

Sheff Utd 2-2 Everton
Shots 13-16
XG 1.57 - 2.74

The result is literally uncontrollable. All you can do is put yourself into the best possible position to win the game. Unfortunately, it’s clear you don’t understand that so I’ll probably end this interaction here.

And finally, this isn’t even true.

If you’re interested, here are the stats. I hope you find some level of comfort and even an increased understanding of coaching football within them:

Everton 0-1 Fulham
Shots 19-9
XG 2.96 - 1.54

Everton 0-1 Wolves
Shots 15-11
XG 1.90 - 1.40

Sheff Utd 2-2 Everton
Shots 13-16
XG 1.57 - 2.74

I don’t believe in stats, they’re utterly bogus, I believe in watching a game of football with my eyeballs. The xG stats are heavily skewed in our favour because both of our goals were tap ins from half a yard out.

Jordan Pickford had to pull of a once in a million triple save from the last action of the match to secure us ONE POINT at Sheffield United. Aside from our goals what did we actually create and how many actual proper saves did their keeper have to make?

Since the second home win under him last season

19 games
33 goals conceded
3 Clean sheets THREE

let down with lack of investment or not, that's rancid form , and most of it his own doing by refusing to drop Keane earlier

It’s not my job to tell you who he’ll be replaced by. It won’t be my decision.
Yes, run away when you get called out for some of the ridiculous stuff you spout.

You ridicule Bill Kenwright as being a fool, but hes convinced the likes of some here to forget hes at fault and instead blame someone else. Doing his very bidding. In his pocket.