2023/24 Sean Dyche

His tactics consist of:
Narrow defending
Balls out to the wings
Hoof balls

There’s clearly no attacking drills going on in training or no ball work. It is clear it’s all about off ball organisation (which isn’t working) and fitness (which will be evident over the course of the season)
To be fair, if I was in charge of this lot I'd be getting them to do solely defensive work in all training sessions... Based on the number of errors we are committing

The evidence suggests they're not doing that either

I admit I never cared for this hire. But the thing that concerns me is that the team today looked more in his image. We have tossed off the majority of creative play for lobbing cross field passes and counters. The system looks devoid of any creativity for chances or play inbetween seams.

I can take losing but when we play this ugly, in a system generally out of favor thats poor to watch, make signings to aid such a specific system what is the rationale to believing in the project.
I mean it wouldnt be so bad if we were solid at the back but we're wide open.

To be fair, if I was in charge of this lot I'd be getting them to do solely defensive work in all training sessions... Based on the number of errors we are committing

The evidence suggests they're not doing that either
He’s brining most of this on himself through his tactics. The narrow fullbacks and swarm the box defending does not work

The fella has a worse defensive record than Lampard

One of the worst managers I've seen in charge of us.

Defensively we are so so poor, and that was the only apparent positive of dyche is that he would have us working hard and organised, this team is not organised at all.

We are so easy to create chances against, we would have lost again if it wasn't for Pickford at the end.

Set pieces we are terrible at, both attacking them and defending them, there is so little structure to anything in this side that I really do question what's happening on a day to day basis with dyche and the coaching team.

Offensively it's even worse, we are essentially playing Sunday league tactics in the sense of hit it long to the big man of try and play through the wings, Its terrible the only bits of good play we get is from individual performances we don't even do the basic triangle patterns of play unless it's facing away from goal.

This manager screams out of his depth, he has been relegated twice, there are things that haven't went his way but good managers resolve this, he just isn't cut out for a job at a club like this, the players aren't great but they're better than this.

He won't last the season, and I don't think there will be a clamour from other clubs to get him in either.

Do everyone a favour, and get rid during the break.

The board has let him down massively, but for me this was the most damning of all the games for him. We were a goal up. All we needed to be was sturdy. We allow them to settle it in the box and get a free layoff. Unacceptable. We had so much confidence before that moment and looked ready to score another. Then we give away that. Not good enough

If he can put a team out that includes Pickford, Gana, Onana, any two of Iwobi/Danjuma/McNeil/Harrison and Beto along with any back four not including Godfrey there isn’t really an excuse to be anywhere close to the drop. It starts Saturday for real. We need to put in a performance away from home for once and we need to win as well. I don’t think he needs to survive the fortnight if we play like we did today again.

But the Xg is good?

Made the right call to have our full backs stay wide today and kept their wingers quiet, but then our centre mids were so easily bypassed in the first half with only staying deep. He just can't seem to get the balance of the team right.

And our players are still the dumbest in the league when it comes to football IQ