2023/24 Sean Dyche

There have been flashes of good one touchpass and move football, one created a very good goal earlier in the season, too old and brain-addled to remember which one, but about 29 touches.

Against the RS we did a great passing one touch move, I recall people around me expressing shock.

My point is we can do it, we are largely choosing not to do so. Probably 5 years under performance and fear of losing, leads to such caution. Combine our last minute escape last season, points deductions this year and frankly some very poor officiating, one can understand a level of anxiety. Setting us up “not to lose” creates an aura of anxiety.

Dyche is not long term, for sure, but he is creating a club atmosphere and team culture - something we need in place before we move forward.

Personally, I will be more patient, despite expressing my knee-jerk sack him post after Chelsea.

…no idea why Dyche shouldn’t be long-term. I’d like to see him with more quality footballers at his disposal.

As an aside, I liked that he started Godfrey over Young on Wednesday. Godfrey a better match-up with Diaz. I’ve never got this ‘plays his favourites’ tag, I think he saw what we did that Young could be exposed and vulnerable to penalties. I also like that when Mykolenko went off, he brought Young on as LB; one change rather than make two by putting Godfrey LB.

Uncomplicated.

And we need people to spend it wisely. Not scattergun like we have in the past.

Something has to give here eventually and it has to be for the better otherwise what’s the point mate

Moshiri is the problem, we had decent governance pre him and though held some debt, we were run relatively well, with an ability to compete. If you want to make all the decisions as majority shareholder, you put a weak board in place to carry out your functions.

A board does what the shareholders tell them, I don’t think a lot of people really grasp that and Moshiri for his time here has been protrayed, as just a bumbling, zaney uncle dropping 50s out of his pocket - he is and always has been the key decision maker in our demise.

If we want change, we need to take the head of the snake, that’s him.

He’s the common demnominator for me always has been.

Everything you say is true mind, we need competence more then we need investment - we need both like, but competence more.

I fear though, he hasn’t made one good decision since he’s been here and the change of ownership will be the same. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t care about the welfare of the club, beyond the impact of his return.

Last edited:
Ancelotti had a set way of attacking, literally doing what I’m saying Dyche isn’t. We were strong as a defensive unit and the idea was to get the ball to down the wing and throw crosses into Dom. He got 20 goals. We stopped playing when injuries happened

He even had Godfrey at left back in games and even he bombed on to create overloads down the left yet there was enough at the back to hold tight. It was relentless and repetitive every week, but it was during Covid as well so that impacted a lot

But in general we knew we’d be deep, we knew we’d absorb pressure but we also knew when we broke the aim was to get down the wings and get a cross in.

My point is that we don’t know how to attack under Dyche and that is the only thing I’m querying, yet people go back to players abilities.

If you average 0.8 goals over 300 games then you really need to start looking at your own approach to winning games
Yes i've agreed twice i think that i'm not saying Dyche does everything perfectly and couldn't possibly do any better in attacking. Hes a manager who wants to play direct anyway I agree with that. Alls i'm saying is that I think our lack of technical ability (and also pace) makes it a lot harder to do what you're saying. Ancelotti had James Rodriguez Gylfi Iwobi Richarlison Digne and others who are exactly the type of player I'm saying we don't have now who can find space and pass well and run past people. McNeil and Harrison are slow and one footed Doucoure is an athlete not a footballer Beto looks like he's never even seen a football before sometimes Mykolenko doesn't even like getting the ball he just wants to tackle people and all the right backs are crap. They aren't good footballers and I can't imagine any manager getting them playing properly good football myself but its all just opinion.

Build a team of young players…. It’s not happening, we sold all our best young players and are about 6 weeks off selling another two.

People can say it’s what we should do, but it’s not realistic, the club is a skip fire.

I’ve been saying it for years, but we very often run Young players out of the club or meekly accept them being sold in the hope it’s reinvested, but never is, even these days you are told we need to, to avoid administration.

In that context signing or building a young team to grow together is just pie in the sky theory, conditions don’t allow it, until we reach a point that it can be realistically put into practice at the very least by keeping our best young players, we will continue to sign cheap expierenced pros, frees and loans.
It all depends on what happens with the ownership, if we sell branthwaite and onana we should be able to spend some money, 1 or 2 young players may not be totally impossible

….really good point, Branthwaite will be a big loss. I do think we’ll be better than last season, though.
I struggle to see any defensive scenario where we are better off despite the loss of Branners.

I hope you are right tho. Or we get to keep him another season obvs.

Yes i've agreed twice i think that i'm not saying Dyche does everything perfectly and couldn't possibly do any better in attacking. Hes a manager who wants to play direct anyway I agree with that. Alls i'm saying is that I think our lack of technical ability (and also pace) makes it a lot harder to do what you're saying. Ancelotti had James Rodriguez Gylfi Iwobi Richarlison Digne and others who are exactly the type of player I'm saying we don't have now who can find space and pass well and run past people. McNeil and Harrison are slow and one footed Doucoure is an athlete not a footballer Beto looks like he's never even seen a football before sometimes Mykolenko doesn't even like getting the ball he just wants to tackle people and all the right backs are crap. They aren't good footballers and I can't imagine any manager getting them playing properly good football myself but its all just opinion.
Doucoure is a donkey, I agree. An absolute shambles of a technical player.

Beto is a failure of Dyche’s tactics, he’s not a back to goal striker. He needs the ball in channels, quickly. Like his goal against Newcastle. His strength is a leg race with a defender. He may be crap but the defenders will always be wary and think twice.

Our wingers have never had any support from the fullbacks, they get swamped easily. But both are Sean Dyche players, if we can afford Harrison we’ll buy him. He runs all day, holds position and does defensive work. Exactly what Dyche prioritises.

But let’s see if he’s a man to his word and is capable of changing his approach to get better results. I’m fairly confident I know the answer

Ok mate, keep trying with the “I didn’t actually say it” line. But we know what the clown thinks.

FYI Evertonians would be DEVASTATED if we went down, you on the other hand:

View attachment 254280

Why would any "true" supporter care what league their team plays in ?

Will you no longer support us if we got relegated because you cant watch us in the pub play the "big 6" twice a season ? If so thats makes you no better than a Kopite from Norway.

I'll support EFC and go the match if its Premier League, Championship, League One so on. If being a Premier League snob makes you a super fan, then good for you my boy.

Will you no longer support us if we got relegated because you cant watch us in the pub play the "big 6" twice a season ? If so thats makes you no better than a Kopite from Norway.

I'll support EFC and go the match if its Premier League, Championship, League One so on. If being a Premier League snob makes you a super fan, then good for you my boy.
Are people not allowed to be devastated if relegated and still support us while being devastated? Didn’t realise that was a rule.

No one should want us to be relegated or not care if we are relegated. As we should all want the best for our club. And the best is to be in the top league.

We go down now and we are in much bigger trouble than just being relegated.

It is clear that long term perennial losers, very seldom change to become successful. If the club have aspirations to win something, then give a fresh face or a proven winner* the role.

N.b. * no current winning manager would join this debacle.
Our problem with hiring managers of late is we do it mid season when we are in an emergency scenario. The time to do it is early pre season to let a new manager get his ideas across and players he wants. We are paying Dyche 5 million a year, incredible money for a manager with his CV. 99.9% of managers in world football would take that wedge.

the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

It is clear that long term perennial losers, very seldom change to become successful. If the club have aspirations to win something, then give a fresh face or a proven winner* the role.

N.b. * no current winning manager would join this debacle.

….not sure Dyche has had much opportunity to ‘win things’ given the appointments he’s had. I presume he got Burnley promoted. I’d genuinely like to see him manage a team with genuine quality, particularly in wide areas.

That humungous 'kin throbber Andy Hunter in the Guardian running stories yesterday about Everton's 'lack of style'.

It makes me laugh when I hear people describing that negative turd as 'and Evertonian'.

He's a Kopite rat sent out yesterday with the rest of the Kopite media rats to preserve Klopp's face with nonsense about injures to Liverpool, 'over-fussy' reffing and the bemoaning Everton's 'aggressive' tactics.

GIRUY scum.