Scunthorpe 1-5 Everton. Saturday 8th January @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

billycopper

Player Valuation: £40m
It would be nice to give the senior fringe players a run out in the cup. I'm talking about Mucha, Hibbert, Osman and Bily. If it goes well, we could use some of the kids from the bench.

How about this?

__________Mucha
Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines
_Osman Fellaini Rodwell Bily
_______Saha Beckford

(Turner, Duffy, Baxter, Gueye, Coleman,Yakubu, Anichebe)

Scunthorpe v Everton. Saturday 8th January @ 15.00.

The magic of the cup and all that, in a traditional fixture that tugs at some crap memories buried deep in our mind's loft.

We will, however, be a lot more confident for this game than what we were expecting to be thanks to the quite super win over Spurs. Too often the perceived house of cards has come tumbling down this season so Scunthorpe need to put away, plucky or not.

Regular readers of this dirge I produce weekly will know that my information on the opposition is weak and offers little that you didn't already know so with all due respect to the Lincolnshire men this is a wee bit difficult. They're currently sat second to bottom of the Championship, they're top scorer is the acely named Woolford and they have a swear word in their name which made D/D temporarily remove it from their asterisk list. Apart from a commendable 2-0 win away to Burnley they're been a bit tosh with their home form a worry. You know what to expect, our players are in for a bit of a kicking and a frantic paces. They do have a boss badge that looks like an arl communist poster however.

The buzz word amongst us is 4-4-2 at the moment, forums awash with how it's been Cahill holding us back all this time. Sell him mOyLEz. The two up front really did work though and it was a pleasant change to see Everton having some real attacking intent and opening another team up, Saha certainly played his part helped with the unselfish running of Beckford. Whether there will be mass changes for this game I'm unsure. Coleman was fantastic, his direct play is a great outlet in a midfield four, long may it continue. Jagielka is going to miss this one through injury so it's likely the back four will remain similar, unless there is a token outing for Tony Hibbert.

There will be the predictable yearning for a tedious named "cupset" by those brogue wearing beauts who do the live score chat update thing on the BBC and the like. Let's swerve getting dumped shittly out of both cup competitions this season please Everton.

I'd like to see:

Mucha
Neville Duffy Distin Baines
Rodwell
Coleman ---------- Gueye
Bilyaletdinov
Anichebe Beckford​

Mix it up; some youth, some benchwarmers and some experience to hold it all together.

Scunny has got to be more of step back in time than Stoke, has to be, all those iron workers in their flares with Ian Botham tribute mullets.

They are of course famous for having 3 England captains play for them, beefy being one of them
Ian_Botham_773522a.jpg

Finish 'em off 1st time round eh lads, cba with a replay.

I'm getting flashbacks to a [Poor language removed] Gravesen and Wessels in goal mate.

We need to play a strong team, they're in the Championsip. I thought they were in Division 3 North.

Mucha
Hibbert Duffy Heitinga Baines
Baxter Rodwell Fellaini Gueye
Bilyaletdinov
Beckford

I have a psychic connection with ginger people, so I know this is the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.