Sad News - Our friend, Roydo

I wanted to take a bit of time to reflect and find the right words but to be honest there are none.

Hit me like a punch to the gut when I read the news. People might think it's crazy I've been taking to someone for years and only learned their name after they passed but they don't understand how a community where you share your thoughts and feelings creates such bonds.

Roydo was all heart and a proper gentleman. He had empathy for all and always gave people a chance. His posts practically shone with love when he talked about his Nikki and although his family must be devastated by loss we can believe now they are reunited again.

He remembered details about people and brought them into conversations, made them feel they belonged. He was well informed and educated in his opinions but never made people feel small. His experience in a highly paid but pressured job and his descriptions of how he preferred his delivery job and how fulfilling he found it was a factor in me stepping down from a managerial role which has led to be feeling so much happier in my life. And he was funny too, loved the silly stuff but never mean jibes.

My only regret is we only lived a few miles from each other and never met. I always hoped one day we and the other Bristol based Blues would get together for a match day pint or something but that's life, you always think there will be time.

I'll always remember and cherish talking with you Roydo, you'll be really missed mate and never forgotten.

Rest in peace brother.

Never were truer words written, mate.

Terrible news, what a lovely man Mark was. He will be at peace with his beloved Nikki
@micknick I still laugh at you travelling with him for the mod get together at the Spurs game in 2015 - the dog coat.
Rest in peace Mark.
Still makes me laugh that day mate,asking random tables of fellas in the Thomas Frost if they were "Mods"....."you whaaaa"🤣ringing your mobile and finally hearing a bloke(you🤣)say"Aah this must be Dario Terracotta" as you were literally stood a yard away from me🤣it was like a meeting of the masons🤣and best of all chewing the cud with the ledge Roydo👍💙

We opened this weeks TalkingtheBlues podcast with our tribute to Mark...

Bit dusty in here, think I've got something in my eye :oops:

Lovely tribute guys, well in.

Thanks mate. Can't bring myself to listen but will try this week.

Still makes me laugh that day mate,asking random tables of fellas in the Thomas Frost if they were "Mods"....."you whaaaa"🤣ringing your mobile and finally hearing a bloke(you🤣)say"Aah this must be Dario Terracotta" as you were literally stood a yard away from me🤣it was like a meeting of the masons🤣and best of all chewing the cud with the ledge Roydo👍💙
Was a brilliant day, can't believe it's nearly 9 years. We must meet up again. Hope all is good with you 💙

That’s actually the first podcast I ever listened to. I’m glad I did. Well done ;)