Ryan Ledson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez already suggesting he's going to be involved in the Europa games this year at only 17, he's going to be world class.

Best just to see how he goes isn't it? No point putting excess pressure on the lad before he's even had a run in the first team. I mean all these comparisons with Lampard or whoever. Lampard worked bloody hard on his game. That's why he became the top player that he was. Hopefully Ryan will have a similar work ethic.

Best just to see how he goes isn't it? No point putting excess pressure on the lad before he's even had a run in the first team. I mean all these comparisons with Lampard or whoever. Lampard worked bloody hard on his game. That's why he became the top player that he was. Hopefully Ryan will have a similar work ethic.
Bruce if you don't say he's going to be world class, you might be a kopite.

1. It's far too early to tell if he's going to be good, bad, awful, great or world class.
2. Why the bloody hell would we shift Stones, a very gifted CB, into defensive midfield at any stage of his career?

I think he was suggesting we play Besic and Stones as our centre back partnership (not defensive midfield)

Reactions: FTY

Personally I think Besic is too short to play as centre back. I think he'll make a great defensive midfielder once he settles though

Yeah I know but he certainly has the talent. For Martinez to be putting him in our Europa squad at the age of 17 shows he has potential to be a fantastic player, and he looks it aswell in U21 performances. Looks like he has everything considering he's captained the U21's and England youth teams.

Excites me though his style of play. Tough tackler with fantastic passing range and to captain the U21's at just turned 17, he's obviously a born leader. Think we'll see a lot more of him over the next couple of years.

1. It's far too early to tell if he's going to be good, bad, awful, great or world class.
2. Why the bloody hell would we shift Stones, a very gifted CB, into defensive midfield at any stage of his career?
Oh hell no.

I meant shift Besic back into CB where he played in Hungary.

Both him and Stones possess great composure, passing long and short, pace and the ability to bring the ball out which would mean I don't think teams would be able to get the ball of us a bit like the great Barca 2011 team.

The reason why it matters in a Ledson thread is to free up a position in CM.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.