Ryan Ledson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Player Valuation: £8m
Unless you’re a Football Manager game expert, you won’t understand what I am talking about in the next paragraph:

I downloaded FM14 demo today and started with Everton, as I was checking reserves and under 18, I noticed all of them have 2.5 stars (potential) at best (out of 5) apart from Ryan Ledson who has 4.5! I googled a bit and it turned out that he has -9 as PA (potential attribute), he is 1 of the 110 youngsters who has -9 PA in the World, along with Barkley and Deulofeu http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-players/142502-fm14-wonderkids-2.html

For the rest, FM thinks that Ledson is/will be as good as Barkley and Deulofeu and before you say its just a game, they have real people who scout those players and report back to the game developers, anyway he is the captain of England U-17s, played for U-21s few times this season and couple of times last season (was 15 years old!) and Phil McNulty wrote this about him http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/england/23965756

At Everton central midfielder Ryan Ledson, 16, and 15-year-old striker Kieran Dowell have already made their mark with England Under-17s. Their progress is being watched closely, with accompanying rave reviews.

For those who follow our youths, what do you have to say about him?

Just let him play football ffs.

trained with the U21s in Spain Pre-season with John-Joe Kenny who is also 16

Speaking to some lads who watch the youth, they seem to think he could surpass rooney and barkley if he developes properly.

I followed his age group around the Milk Cup 2 years ago, he looked a really good prospect and took all the set pieces.

However Kyle Scarisbrick and Danny O'Brien played better than him throughout the tournament but have both been released by the club. Scarisbrick is a CB and finished our top scorer is now at Sheffield United and Danny O'Brien a winger is at Villa I think.

It's certainly interesting how FM has changed the scouting process. Hopefully this lad will develop into something special, but it's very early days yet. Best that he keeps his head down and keeps working on his game without hype going to his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.