Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erton-midfielder-deliver-greatest-season.html

"He is one of the key players who is performing in an important position for the team. To create chances, scoring goals. But he also needs to show more responsibility in terms of the defending part of the team. That is one of the aspects in football where he can improve. I have spoken to everyone in pre-season, about football, about their position in the team and how we train. We have meetings and we explain. I have contact with everyone. But, okay, I have spoken with him. I have told him how I see Ross Barkley and where he needs to improve. He has been playing three, four seasons in the Premier League. Now show your quality. Not once every two months but every weekend. The responsibility is important for him to take. Put it on your shoulders. He is a very, very good player. The way he is training, the way he is playing is not a lack of confidence. He has responsibility. Of course he was disappointed not to play at the Euros. But, okay, he has to react in a good way. Show your quality for Everton and show the national coach he made a big mistake not to give you any minutes. Show your quality on the pitch. That is the only answer what I expect."

-----------------
I love what Koeam is saying. Finally some sensible words from our manager about Ross. I especially like the part when Ron says Barkley needs to show more in defense. So true.

Clearly knows he's got an important player.

By the sounds of it he's wanting to make him the main man in the team.

Moyes sadi he was a Bryan Robson type box-to-box midfielder before he got that terrible injury away with England!Roberto also said he needs to miss more (i.e. Not be scared of shooting), Ron has said get fit and defend! If he does all three he will be the star of ours and England steam for the next ten years!

Third manager to have a go at trying to find Ross a role at Everton.

Big season.

Looked hungry today and played well.

Decision-making still needs work like. Not sure why when Mirallas looked like he was going clean through in the second half, Barkley, instead of playing him in, just booted it straight at Deulofeu.

Moyes sadi he was a Bryan Robson type box-to-box midfielder before he got that terrible injury away with England!Roberto also said he needs to miss more (i.e. Not be scared of shooting), Ron has said get fit and defend! If he does all three he will be the star of ours and England steam for the next ten years!
What a player he would have been if that injury hadn't of messed up his head. Can't really blame though.

Status
Not open for further replies.