Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great goal today. Not his best performance by any stretch but I'm hopeful that will give him some confidence to really start having a crack when the opportunity presents itself and stop taking the extra touch and worrying

Even if he hadn't scored, huge improvement from last season. He's clearly a centre mid. I can think of nobody in the squad I'd rather have running onto a ball for a shot from the edge.

He was great today.

Ended up occupying the same space as Cleverley too often in the first half, and I think he'd play a lot better with 2 wide players outside him. Hopefully we get a wide player in and start to see him get really comfortable with the number 10 role.

@ArtetaMoney have to respectfully disagree, but to each their own. Everyone sucked, he surely sucked less than most.

His decision making is the worst part of his game, if he can improve that he will be a decent player but he looks the same player from last season.

@ArtetaMoney , I wont respectfully disagree, people like you don't deserve to watch proper footballers, good day sir

Looks like I'll be getting all I deserve squire.

His decision making is the worst part of his game, if he can improve that he will be a decent player but he looks the same player from last season.

Looks like I'll be getting all I deserve squire.
TBh who does he pass to in that Midfield Cleverly was out of position maCarthy stunk the place out - barry plays far too deep so basically he is on his own attacking!

I thought he was garbage today (and I'm usually a defender of him). Strike was great obviously but it was basically pulling a rabbit out of a hat to disguise a horrible overall game.

Still maintain that we can't judge him properly for probably another 12-18 months, simply because of the position he plays, which is probably the hardest one to learn in the game. As it stands, we shouldn't be relying on what is still a raw talent for a 38 game season to knit the play together.

So basically, Barkley may come good, but we need a Shaqiri or someone to help him until he does.

Just read the above replies after posting the above - I'm very surprised people think he played well today. Goals really do disguise things...

Just read the above replies after posting the above - I'm very surprised people think he played well today. Goals really do disguise things...

No mate. He was the only one consistently trying to make things happen. All on his own. Admittedly it didn't always work but even without the goal he'd have been my MOTM. By quite a distance too.

No mate. He was the only one consistently trying to make things happen. All on his own. Admittedly it didn't always work but even without the goal he'd have been my MOTM. By quite a distance too.

I watched a different game then - he lost possession constantly, messed up five yard passes and dallied on the ball and was dispossessed or killed momentum time and time again.

And I'm usually a massive advocate of him on here. I guess what you see as "trying to make stuff happen" is my "disrupting the flow of play by screwing up over and over again" really.

Didn't watch the game as I was dropping my gf home, so was listening to 909 in the car, and any time they went over to Goodison for anything good from us, it was Barkley that was providing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.