Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't Barkley's game today and there'll be more like it. But Martinez made a brave move taking him off and it paid off.

It wasn't Barkley's game today and there'll be more like it. But Martinez made a brave move taking him off and it paid off.

you wouldn't see a brendan rodgers do that for their talisman gerrard, think bobby needs a lot of plaudits for that move. i questioned it as he's one of our best players and myself wouldn't ahve had the bottle to do it, i don't think.

Martinez made the right decision there - Barkley was struggling to distribute the ball quickly as CM - i believe we should either play him wider or further back and use his speed to counter but get someone else in the engine room to create more for our striker(s) in the crowded areas

Fabian Delph put Ross completely in his place today, he was not good today so credit to Bobby for changing it, pundits i.e Carra need to reign it in for me as he's still young.

Fabian Delph put Ross completely in his place today, he was not good today so credit to Bobby for changing it, pundits i.e Carra need to reign it in for me as he's still young.

He had more than Delph on him though. Anytime he had the ball he had 2 or 3 round him.

He still looked a threat and drove us forward.

First time I saw their goal, I thought it was a foul. But he's not the first or last player to get caught there.

He had more than Delph on him though. Anytime he had the ball he had 2 or 3 round him.

He still looked a threat and drove us forward.

First time I saw their goal, I thought it was a foul. But he's not the first or last player to get caught there.

yep, you're right. He was swarmed and was not coping. He is still so young and will learn that he must deal with these man marking strategies. It all comes down to his top two inches as he certainly has the football skills.

Great move by RM to replace him. Pienaar, when on his game, is a beautiful footballer.

Commentators mentioned him picking up "a knock" when he was subbed out. Anything to that or just pure conjecture?
Think it might have been conjecture. Saw someone asked Alan Myers on Twitter if Ross was injured and he replied" No, just a tactical change from the manager"

Still no song for Ross...

How about

"RUN RUN WHOEVER YOU MAY BE
WE'VE GOT THE BOY CALLED ROSS BARKLEY
AND HE'LL **** YOU UP, WHOEVER YOU MAY BE
WE'VE GOT THE BOY CALLED ROSS BARKLEY"

Nice and simple.

Commentators mentioned him picking up "a knock" when he was subbed out. Anything to that or just pure conjecture?

I did see him take a boot to his foot, not sure if it was the one which had the break though. My first thought was it may have re-broken it, but he didn't seem to bothered by it but then didn't reappear for the 2nd half. Hopefully it was just tactical, but it's something to wonder about

Status
Not open for further replies.