Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine we got the final and Gibbo or ossie get a injury with 10 to go and it's nil nil. It's time.......He's coming on..... Moyes is really gonna do it.

Phil Neville

The game might be crying out for a few of Phil's trademark lofted through balls.

............if this lad was good enough he'd be playing for us now. There is too much hype on here. I sincerely hope that he turns out to be the real deal but if I saw his name on a current team sheet ahead of the likes of Neville (yes Neville), I would be very concerned.

On loan midfielder Ross Barkley will be ineligible for Sunday's FA Cup fourth round clash with Tottenham at Elland Road.
The 19-year-old's initial loan deal is until February 12 and he isn't permitted to play in the FA Cup.
"We asked the question, but it's perfectly understandable that he won't be available," said United boss Neil Warnock.
Ross's parent club Everton are in FA Cup action on Saturday, but even if the Toffees suffered a surprise defeat at the hands of Bolton and were knocked out, cup rules state that a player must have clearance to play by 12 noon on the Friday before the tie takes place, meaning permission couldn't be granted depending on the outcome of the Everton result.
Ross has made two appearances for the club since joining from Goodison Park, against Barnsley and Bristol City last weekend.

0,,10273~11578336,00.jpg

............if this lad was good enough he'd be playing for us now. There is too much hype on here. I sincerely hope that he turns out to be the real deal but if I saw his name on a current team sheet ahead of the likes of Neville (yes Neville), I would be very concerned.

Fans at sheff weds were saying he was stand out better than their players and could see he was a future star.
Stick neville in their team and I guarantee they would not be saying the same thing.

Fans at sheff weds were saying he was stand out better than their players and could see he was a future star.
Stick neville in their team and I guarantee they would not be saying the same thing.
Yes but Barkleys basics are what need brushing up on. He may well have more time and space to produce the special balls and skills. Neville, for all his faults does what is basically required in the prem.

....some Wednesday fans were also saying that he was a bit of a luxury and not what they needed at the time. He's obviously a different type of player to Neville and its wrong to compare them individually, but Neville's of much more value to us at the present time.
Amazing stat on Sky this week that since Neville joined us we get twice as many points in the games he starts in comparison to us playing without him. Moyes recently said that points were extremely valuable and he can't take chances on selection - I think thats why young Barklay is on the periphery of his thoughts.

PN was woefull the other night v Southampton along wioth others but imo he was the worst player for us in midfield hides away at right back okish -time to hang his boots up - end off!

....some Wednesday fans were also saying that he was a bit of a luxury and not what they needed at the time. He's obviously a different type of player to Neville and its wrong to compare them individually, but Neville's of much more value to us at the present time.
Amazing stat on Sky this week that since Neville joined us we get twice as many points in the games he starts in comparison to us playing without him. Moyes recently said that points were extremely valuable and he can't take chances on selection - I think thats why young Barklay is on the periphery of his thoughts.

I actually rate Neville not so much as a footballer but an influence. You cannot buy the experience he has and, sideways/backwards passes aside he is great for our team. I just think we could do with a little more of what Ross offers, youthfull enthusiasm and a bit of courage going forward. We look so stale and Nev is very much part of that.

I actually rate Neville not so much as a footballer but an influence. You cannot buy the experience he has and, sideways/backwards passes aside he is great for our team. I just think we could do with a little more of what Ross offers, youthfull enthusiasm and a bit of courage going forward. We look so stale and Nev is very much part of that.

.....I absolutely see where your coming from and fully agree with your view regarding Neville's influence. This isn't a debate about Nev or young Barklay. There's nothing I have seen to suggest Barklay will provide the impact you suggest. I do believe the 'freshness' required will have to come via January transfers but its looking very stagnant on that front.

How do you work that one out Barkley has never been given a good run in the team & I bet you he can pass the ball forwards & find a blue shirt unlike PN!

I personally think he could have been used more on the right/left as an option. Yes Moyes clearly wants him in the middle but he's proven he can do a more than good enough job out wide. Pace, power and delivery. I think he'd offer more than Naismith out wide.

edit - just to add, both of his very good performance for Leeds have been out right or left. His cross for the goal last week was superb (and he beat his man!!!)

Going by that logic, it's a disgrace he can't get in the team ahead of Howard.

You could argue on that stupidity that we have no cover for Howard other than Mucha who DM does not use much then again he let a class keeper go for next to nothing in a keeper who is in the England squad in John Ruddy on occasion - you have to except DM blarny about moving to Germany as he likes their youth acadamies - yet he prefers to field a team of Dads army's week in week out!
You are living in dreamland if DM is king of managers he in my opinion has done well - but has hit a brick wall & is overpaid by at least 2 million a year!

Why fetch Barkley back to get splinters on his a^se when we have the likes of 36 year old Captain Birdseye to place in midfield hey ho! Osman has had a fair to good season but in his last 2 games he too looks burnt out - DM is not a youth minded player at the present time it is reflected on the tired performance the other night - Duffy Vellios have done well - Barkley is a talent - all never to be given a run in the team - Duffy played 6 games last season my MOTM in two of them = being dropped!

You have to accept if Coleman had not got injured the other night DM would have made no changes when you could see the inept performances by many older players all over the park - was PN or Osman subbed = no as he had two defenders on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.