Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stay on topic please lads.
For the avoidance of doubt, the topic is neither posters or Ross' masturbation habits, but more to do with Ross' attributes as a footballer.

If anyone says his performances on the pitch are influenced by his sexual habits, with or without someone else present, they can spend a short time in solitary where, well ...

Last edited:
Anyone got any ideas where Ross' place in the team might be next season with this supposed foreign No. 10 that drops deep coming in?

Holding mid (Barry, Besic, Gibson) + McCarthy both pretty much have to play under Martinez as far as I can tell. Add in this No. 10 and I have no idea where Barkley sits in a starting lineup. Thoughts? Will he become a rotational player until he gets a bit better?

Anyone got any ideas where Ross' place in the team might be next season with this supposed foreign No. 10 that drops deep coming in?

Holding mid (Barry, Besic, Gibson) + McCarthy both pretty much have to play under Martinez as far as I can tell. Add in this No. 10 and I have no idea where Barkley sits in a starting lineup. Thoughts? Will he become a rotational player until he gets a bit better?

I'd imagine that this 'Number 10' player would probably play on the left hand side of midfield (similarly to Pienaar)

I'd imagine that this 'Number 10' player would probably play on the left hand side of midfield (similarly to Pienaar)

I agree, our left hand side has been our main attacking threat over the last 5-6 years, teams were doubling up on Pienaar to try and shut us down which in his first season gave Ross space to run at the oppositions defense, last season without the wide threat (mostly Naismith out there when Ross has started in the middle) teams have focused on marking Ross more and at this stage of his career he has been less able to deal with it than Pienaar. Having Pienaar fit or an able deputy/ upgrade is probably the key to getting Ross back on track, so yer I think the "playmaker" will play from the left.

Ross is not a number 10. Maybe away against top teams but it just blunts him. Against QPR he showed his best position, in deep midfield alongside a holding mid. Just because we've hoarded a load of defensive miss doesn't mean we have to play two of them all the time.

Ross needs time on the pitch playing learning how to effect the game more. At home maybe have a DM -Barry/McCarthy and in front Ross and Cleverley/McCarthy with a front 3 of Delofeu, Lukaku and Mirallas. Away from home we could play a 3 in midfield from Barry/ Besic/Cleverley/McCarthy with a front 3 of Barkley Lukaku Delofeu/Mirallas' It is a big season for Barkley and the signing of Delofeu has taken some of the pressure/expectationof Ross.

What position do you think ross will end up playing more of this year??

I would love to see him playing AM .. kinda like number 10.. creating chances and scoring from runs in behind the striker and from 18 yards etc.. not too dis-similar to steven gerard early RS career.. hes versatile tho so will probly be used to fill different rolls.

What position do you think ross will end up playing more of this year??

I would love to see him playing AM .. kinda like number 10.. creating chances and scoring from runs in behind the striker and from 18 yards etc.. not too dis-similar to steven gerard early RS career.. hes versatile tho so will probly be used to fill different rolls.
Stick him up front

Status
Not open for further replies.