Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys don't get too many CFC fans on here, but us Chelsea fans are absolutely desperate to have Romelu back. There's no doubt that he is the best young striker in the world and his potential is absolutely astronomical. Jose has also had some kind words for the kid. Most of the so-called tension was largely media driven.

The prospect of having both Costa and Lukaku is brilliant, and now that we've signed Matic, a 4-4-2 becomes a viable option against bus-parking teams at Stamford Bridge.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint, but 95% percent of us on our major forums and blogs love the guy and want him to be a legend at the club.

I heard you guys were bidding for Ba? A 15+ goal striker who will be available on the cheap. That will be good business for Everton.

Scores goals and is a big theat with ball at feet running at goal..

But his back to goal receiving the ball, he can be very, very poor you might say hes young, but you cant teach 1st touch an awareness. Can we afford to pay £25m on him..

All about opinions...

Anyone have a rough idea how much Lukaku is on?

I'll accept a jarg Football Manager answer here.
£37,000 per week if his 2.4 million Euros per year contract with Chelsea from 2011 is still the one he's playing under

I expect he'd be looking to at least double that now.

Scores goals and is a big theat with ball at feet running at goal..

But his back to goal receiving the ball, he can be very, very poor you might say hes young, but you cant teach 1st touch an awareness. Can we afford to pay £25m on him..

All about opinions...

Yeah I agree but We also have to be realistic about the type of striker we can afford/attract. To get a better more polished player than Lukaku is going to cost a lot of money and we also can't offer CL.

I think Lukaku is a s good as we will get but whether we can get him still remains to be seen.

Id rather have Bony for £20M tbh.

Think Lukaku will be unplayable in 2/3 seasons time but we need an impact now. Bony scored 24/25 goals this season for Swansea and watching at Goodison the lad was awesome, his second touch wasnt a tackle, held everything up and brought everyone into play.

Weakness' to Lukaku's game have got to be his touch and his shooting from 20 yards+ is frankly dire. I also think he isnt strong enough for his size, he doesnt bully defenders anywhere near enough for my liking, he should be a fkin monster and he isnt IMO.

Dont think we have a chance of signing him, if we do ill be happy about the signal of intent it sends out, but if as expected we dont im not going to be overly arsed.

Yeah I agree but We also have to be realistic about the type of striker we can afford/attract. To get a better more polished player than Lukaku is going to cost a lot of money and we also can't offer CL.

I think Lukaku is a s good as we will get but whether we can get him still remains to be seen.

maybe true mate.....Remember thou Benteke cost 7m, Suarez £22 you just have to look in the right places.

maybe true mate.....Remember thou Benteke cost 7m, Suarez £22 you just have to look in the right places.

Yeah good point also, that's why we have scouts I suppose. I think we need 2 strikers personally, let's hope we don't buy a knee jerk after some player has a decent WC.

Is there any evidence that Bony wants to leave Swansea or that they want to sell him? I don't think you get him for £20m unless one of those two things is true.

Reported the other week that Bony is hopeful that his scoring this season has lead to a bigger club being interested in him.

Theres been such a media wankfest over Suarez and Gerrard all season that so many players have just gone completely unnoticed.

How arent the media talking more about a CF who has 25 goals this term? Lukaku has been in the press more with mid teens.

How arent the media talking more about a CF who has 25 goals this term? Lukaku has been in the press more with mid teens.

Bony has had a very good season, and is rightly being looked at by some bigger clubs. Some might be wary that he could turn out to be a one-season wonder, but time will tell.

The reason Lukaku has got MORE media attention is threefold:

1) He's scored double figures in the prem in consecutive seasons
2) He's done it for two non-sky-4 teams
3) He's five years younger than Bony

If Bony moves to Southampton or Newcastle and replicates this season's goalscoring rate he would match 1) and 2) above and the media would be salivating all over him. As it stands I think he'll end up at Arsenal or Spurs.

I know you guys don't get too many CFC fans on here, but us Chelsea fans are absolutely desperate to have Romelu back. There's no doubt that he is the best young striker in the world and his potential is absolutely astronomical. Jose has also had some kind words for the kid. Most of the so-called tension was largely media driven.

The prospect of having both Costa and Lukaku is brilliant, and now that we've signed Matic, a 4-4-2 becomes a viable option against bus-parking teams at Stamford Bridge.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint, but 95% percent of us on our major forums and blogs love the guy and want him to be a legend at the club.

I heard you guys were bidding for Ba? A 15+ goal striker who will be available on the cheap. That will be good business for Everton.
Fair enough but I still think Chelsea will buy another striker with Costa. It also depends on Lukaku, will he even suit a striker next to him? Who knows. Personally, I'm not keen on Ba, rather pay the extra to try and get Lukaku. He's been great for us most of the time. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.