Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendall's Dream

Player Valuation: £10m
There has been a lot of debate on this forum about him and that is why I have wanted to join in.

Say if we was to sign him, what do you expect of him next season? Would you accept the same amount of goals and assists as this season, or expect some improvement? In my opinion, Roberto Martinez would be one of the best managers for Lukaku and his development. He does have a lot to improve on but I think Steven Naismith will have a good impact on Rom, he has experience, has great off the ball movement and is arguably one of the top finishers at the club, something Lukaku should be able to learn from.

I am very excited for next season and signing Lukaku would be a good statement for the club to make and I hope to see him in a Everton shirt next season. (My first post :))

If he stays it'll be a huge season for him no doubt. I'd think personally I'd expect 15 goals in the league and more consistency in his impact to games - it doesn't have to always be goals but with his general play.

Some of it would depend on how Barkley and McGeady develop, as they will be part of his supply line. Equally Deulofeu, if he comes back.

You've also got to consider who will be Rom's backup / competition for the lone striker spot - if Kone and Traore are around and fit next season, allowing Rom to have a break every so often and avoid exhausting himself, I'd actually expect him to have a better season in terms of goals scored. Maybe 20 in the prem, and a dozen spread across the three cups?

And the dreads. Bring back the dreads FFS.

I'd expect him to work hard on his first touch, as he seemingly did with heading and look at that - won a few headers in the last few weeks didn't he?

Other than that he's good.

Except he has to grow back the dreads and grow a moustache.

Except he has to grow back the dreads and grow a moustache.

No, no, no, no, no no...needs a full beard for the Kimbo Slice look.

kimbo.jpg

Then I want him to remove Suarez's teeth with his knuckles.

With suitable cover to be able to rest him and stop him having to play every game every minute, i'd expect 15-20 goals, if we signed a genuine playmaker like Tadic then i'd expect 20-25 or more from him as he'd thrive off the service

Status
Not open for further replies.