Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bloody nightmare when he's away on Belgium duty isn't he?

As long as we dig our heels in for stupid money I'm all for shifting him on this summer. He's been great but if he thinks he's too good for Everton then his time is up.

Niasse & Rooney is a mouthwatering prospect for next season.
Interesting call. Do you thing Wazza will bring the best out of Oumar? I must confess to not having entertained that possible striker combo, but now you've mentioned it, there is something eye watering about it.

I swear you are being tongue in cheek. You make some very insightful calls (ie getting Yakubu in to pair up with Crouch....I get that), but then you confound me with calls for Niasse and Kone. I play a lot of FIFA17 (granted, I'm not very good), and their rating coefficients, whilst handy, are not top 4 standard. I currently have Zlatan and Aguerro in my team and I hazard that these are a better striker pairing than Arouna and Oumar.

Btw, whilst messing about with my console yesterday I worked out that if you rearrange the letters in Oumar Niasse, you come up with Arouna Messi
Brilliant that is mate , maybe you can sing are you messi in disguise. Would deffo get his confidence up and with a bit of luck have a shot on target.

We won't get more than £50m for him.

Screenshot it, vault it do what ever. Elstone and co. will mess this up big time.

ever since the day he signed I knew he was leaving if we didnt get CL. Also Drogba was his idol so unsurprised if he leaves for Chelsea. As annoying as his talks with the media are he has been very clear the last 3 years that he wants to play CL and win trophies. we aren't that close to those atm

I reckon we pretend he is crap and that we aren't bothered that he is leaving.. Then when he goes we can say well he weren't that good anyway.. When really you know how good he has been for Everton..

Typical Everton fan behaviour, crying it in before he goes

I will never forget or forgive his performance in the FA semi.

I would have backed myself at his age to have slotted at least one of the half dozen guilt edged chances he fluffed that day.

Those big games are what define a top player. Not scoring a dozen league goals v Bournemouth, Sunderland and Hull per season.

He will be difficult to replace as a goalscorer but very easy to replace as a man. He has done nothing but belittle this club since he joined. The big spoilt manchild.

Ah well if he's gone he's gone, would've been sound if he stayed cos he's the best goal scorer we've had for Donkeys but for all his goals we never achieved anything or finished higher in the league than before he came.

Tony Cottee scored lots of goals without ever really doing anything significant. He too is remembered for a Wembley no show.

We need to move forward now. The fella is leaving, he always was, ever since the first day!
Our entire style of play since we got him has been centered around feeding him the perfect ball, and whenever he got that Goldilocks pass, he was odds on to score. The trouble is, we have become a one player team, as proven by the stats, 25 goals for one player, and the next forward in line (Barkley) on 5 (five??!)
Point is, our one man show meant the whole team hit a ceiling of just 62 goals for the entire season - a 6th highest in the league of scoring (better than Manure though :)), but a long way off top 4. You need goals from all over the park if you want to win things. Even Kane's 29 for Tottenham needed the extra 18 from Dele Ali and another 14 from Son Hueng-min and so on down the team, for them to stake their place. Point is, maybe now we can change things about, get a player who can score from more than one type of pass. Maybe we can get a couple or three new players who can score from more varied positions. Ok, we may never get a 20+ goal striker again, but one man alone does not make a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.