Rom, Kev, Sammy, Naisy and Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith scores goals and always gets himself into the box while others are admiring the football we've played. Even when he starts on the wing he's always an extra body in the box which none of our other wingers do. Take him out and he'll be badly missed.

Thought he was decent on the right today, and against Villa.

However when we were under the cosh a bit in the 2nd half, he wasn't contributing much to the team without the ball and probably should have been subbed. Then again, his play in the final 3rd always looked a threat so perhaps Martinez felt it was worth the risk leaving him on as he's always good for a goal.
He's a great outlet when you need a bit of rest. He can hold people off, doesn't feel the need to try worldies and has a great touch and control. Think that's why he gets left out. More defensive graft in other players to counterbalance it.

You sound desperate and a little unsure of yourself now. It's sad to see, tbh.

I'm very very sure Naismith is boss and you are entirely wrong about him and your claims he should be dropped and sold are laughable.

I'm very very sure Naismith is boss and you are entirely wrong about him and your claims he should be dropped and sold are laughable.
Never understand why every player that is not a first eleven/starter should be sold. It's a squad game ffs and he on more than one occasion has proven his worth to us. Naismith probably wouldn't even be in my top 10 of players we could get rid of.

In the new year I'd expect this to be our strongest starting 11. The players in bold can be an alternative to the non bold players without seriously weakening the team in my opinion. The players ages are in brackets.

Howard (35)

Coleman (26) Stones (20) Jagielka (32) Baines (29) Oviedo

Besic (22) Barry McCarthy (23)

Eto (33) Barkley (20)Naismith Miralles (27) Piennar

Lukaku(21)

Never understand why every player that is not a first eleven/starter should be sold. It's a squad game ffs and he on more than one occasion has proven his worth to us. Naismith probably wouldn't even be in my top 10 of players we could get rid of.

@davek has an agenda against Naisy because he's been shown up by him

In the new year I'd expect this to be our strongest starting 11. The players in bold can be an alternative to the non bold players without seriously weakening the team in my opinion. The players ages are in brackets.

Howard (35)

Coleman (26) Stones (20) Jagielka (32) Baines (29) Oviedo

Besic (22) Barry McCarthy (23)

Eto (33) Barkley (20)Naismith Miralles (27) Piennar

Lukaku(21)

Not sure if Besic would be nailed into our starting 11 this season. Maybe next season but he's coming on good though, especially after that awful backheel against the rent boys.

Not sure if Besic would be nailed into our starting 11 this season. Maybe next season but he's coming on good though, especially after that awful backheel against the rent boys.
Don't think the lad has done anything wrong in recent games. Like you said he is really coming on and another 3 months at this rate of progress will see him starting in my opinion.

Don't think the lad has done anything wrong in recent games. Like you said he is really coming on and another 3 months at this rate of progress will see him starting in my opinion.

Yeah I do agree with you but can't see Martinez keeping Barry on the bench that often. The only thing I don't like about Besic is that even though I know he won't I get the feeling he's going to get sent of whenever he gets a yellow. Probably because of his brass knuckle tattoos lol

Thought he was decent on the right today, and against Villa.

However when we were under the cosh a bit in the 2nd half, he wasn't contributing much to the team without the ball and probably should have been subbed. Then again, his play in the final 3rd always looked a threat so perhaps Martinez felt it was worth the risk leaving him on as he's always good for a goal.

I think that's the reason he's best as an impact player. Decent player who certainly deserves a place in the squad but overall we have better. I would play a diamond with Barry, McCarthy, Besic and Barkley and Eto'o and Lukaku up front especially in the big games.

When Kev comes back I'm not sure what I would play but I definitely wouldn't leave him out.

We need even more options imo, another top winger would be ace.

Sometimes Everton fans panic when we have more than 1 top player for same position, you need depth and quality to compete at the top end of the table.

I love Naisy lots but yesterday showed he is truly effective playing off the front man, yesterday was his poorest game for a while, he was wasted on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.