Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best young talent we have at the club, by a mile.

Looking forward to see him playing for the Under 21s, hopefully Stuart Pearce looks to the future and bloods him.

He's good enough, just give him a chance. His run for the goal was very good, a nice change of pace and changed direction onto his left foot.

Agreed cant see him being a regular starter for the next two years though.

Agreed cant see him being a regular starter for the next two years though.

I've heard that Moyes is finding it hard to leave him out and a pre season under his belt, it was be impossible. He's that good. He adds something different to our side, too much in the past have we been a kick and rush team, with players like Rodwell, Arteta and Pienaar who are comfortable on the ball, even Fellaini likes to keep it on the deck. We'll be able to play some good football with a player like Rodwell who has a cool head and doesn't panic sitting in the middle.

I've heard that Moyes is finding it hard to leave him out and a pre season under his belt, it was be impossible. He's that good. He adds something different to our side, too much in the past have we been a kick and rush team, with players like Rodwell, Arteta and Pienaar who are comfortable on the ball, even Fellaini likes to keep it on the deck. We'll be able to play some good football with a player like Rodwell who has a cool head and doesn't panic sitting in the middle.

Agreed mate, hes a massive talent and i really hope Moyes doesnt move him back to centre back as his quality and ability deserve a place in the centre of the feild.

Hes had a terrific first season, but with any young player he will have dips and loss of form while he is still learning the game, additionaly it will be his second season and people will be more aware of his game which will agian be a new expierence for him.

Its the way of young players they are naturally inconsistent, they cant produce a 50 game season of top quality performences at that age, nor should they be expected on relied on to do, frankly its to much of a responsibility at their stage of development.

Id be happy with 20 + appearences next season.

Agreed mate, hes a massive talent and i really hope Moyes doesnt move him back to centre back as his quality and ability deserve a place in the centre of the feild.

Hes had a terrific first season, but with any young player he will have dips, while he is still learning the game additionaly it will be his second season and people will be more aware of his game which will agian be a new expierence for him. Its the natural way of young players they are naturally inconsistent, they cant produce a 50 game season of top quality performences at that age, nor should they be expected on relied on to do. Id be happy with 20 + appearences next season.

True. I've heard Arteta is on the way to be fit for the start of the season but hopefully we take our time over him. I think Rodwell will be someone who can step in till we get him back but i don't think Neville and Rodwell is a good combination, we need another centre midfielder but it looks like Moyes' is after a wide player.

True. I've heard Arteta is on the way to be fit for the start of the season but hopefully we take our time over him. I think Rodwell will be someone who can step in till we get him back but i don't think Neville and Rodwell is a good combination, we need another centre midfielder but it looks like Moyes' is after a wide player.

Well personally mate id forget about Phil at CM hes done a good job there but id like him to drop back to primarily be a full back.

Id like three players signed and a pad out of the squad if we can with loans/frees. If it were down to me and finaces allowed id go for:

Delph/Mbia
Mouthino/Twochowski
A Winger with some potential????????????????

What we lack in our squad are players that offer the manager options to change the dynamic of the team in certain games. While Nev did a good job this season hes not the long term solution in that protective midfeild role. Delph/Mbia for me have the ability to do the protective role, but also pocess an ability and atlethisim to penetrate in an attacking sense at speed, id liken it almost like the role Viera used to play for Arsenal. Currently we dont have that type of player in the squad and i think we lack someone like that in making up yards and as such a threat attacking centrally. Would compliment what we have in our sqaud as well.

Something i have banged on about for years is a lack of a creative spark when Pienaar/Arteta have been injured and/or of form. As good as i think both are, i think we need options in terms of creativity and again a different type of player to Cahill and Fellaini who if required could sit in behind a striker/s and play a role similar to the one Fabergas played toward the end of Arsenals season. The Mout/Trocowski could do this, as well as covering Arteta and Pienaar. It would offer us something different to launching high balls/crosses in for Cahill and Mofro to get on the end of. I liked what Jo did toward the end of the season in that withdrawn role in the hole and would like Moyesy to add one of the two mentioned to keep some of the intricate play we saw toward the end of the season infront of the two centre halves as an option.

The wing is a glaringly obvious one, Ossie isnt the answer, there are a few players i like domesticly but their names wouldnt set peoples hearts racing and to be honest i havn't seen a lot of Obinna or Elia to have a well rounded opinion. I actually think its a position Moyes struggles with in terms of his own recruitment.

Anything extra would be a bonus, Mancinne on loan with a view to a perm would make me happy, i wouldnt be to dissapointed to nab Bates on a free either.

Provideing we kept the sqaud together, i think thats a squad in with a decent shout of the CL places.

Last edited:
Rodwell is already better than Delph and he plays a similar role.

Arteta alongside Rodwell would be fantastic, that's all Rodwell needs. An experienced head alongside him, someone who can get the best out of him.

We saw glympses of what's to come against Aston Villa. The Mik and Jack Blockbuster.

Would be interesting what type of player we buy, if any this Summer. That will give us the best hint of what sort of Role Moyes has in store for the lad.

If he goes for somebody DM, like say Mbia or Topal, well he feels that at 18, young Jack isnt quite ready, but its a squad game and im sure he would get his chances.

But if he goes for a AM/CM, somebody like The Mout or Van Der Vaart, well that means me for that Moyes feels hes ready and its time to see what the boy can do.

Arteta alongside Rodwell would be fantastic, that's all Rodwell needs. An experienced head alongside him, someone who can get the best out of him.

We saw glympses of what's to come against Aston Villa. The Mik and Jack Blockbuster.

I don't reckon he'll develop into a boss footballer. He'll maybe one day get an unwarranted cap or two for England but he'll mostly not develop and suffer problems with his hamstrings.

thought delph plays wide left?

Arsenal legend and Sky Sports pundit Alan Smith believes Everton star Jack Rodwell can be every bit as good as Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand.

The former Gunners striker will get to see Rodwell at close hand this summer at the Under 21 European Championships in Sweden, and Smith believes Rodwell has the perfect temperament to perform on the big stage, even though he may not start from offset.

Smith told Sky Sports: “I'm a big fan of Jack Rodwell, although I'm not so sure he'll get into the starting XI for the first game.”

“I spoke to David Moyes about him and long term he sees him as a centre-half; comparisons are there to be made with Rio Ferdinand.”

He added: “He is a cool, composed player with a great big-match temperament and I'm a big fan.”

Rodwell is one of the brightest young talents in English football, and although he has made a string of appearances in Everton’s midfield, the Toffees coaching staff have regularly earmarked him as a future centre-back.

Everton manager David Moyes is predicting a bright future for young Toffees’ midfielder Jack Rodwell.

The 18-year-old England Under 21 international, who is actually Evertons youngest player ever to feature in Europe having come on as a sub against AZ Alkmaar aged 16 years 284 days, was rewarded for his progress with a five-year deal earlier this year, and Moyes believes Rodwell can develop into a first team regular next season.

Rodwell is a product of the club’s successful youth academy and Moyes said: “When we get good young players we want to sign them and keep them. That’s always been the way we’ve gone about it.

“Jack has got a long way to go and it wasn’t ideal that we had to pitch him in at the start of the season.

“We threw him in at the deep end. He played well in those games at times, but we took him away from it for a while to give him a break and see what it is all about.

“We’re going to keep trying to bring him on and there have been some periods this season where he has been very good and some periods where you can see he’s still a boy.

“He has only just turned 18, it’s going to take experience and time but he undoubtedly has a good future ahead of him. You can see he has ability and we are keen to push him on.

“Next year, instead of playing five, six or eight games, it might be up to 18 or 20 games depending on how his progress is. He has got great pace and athleticism.”

Status
Not open for further replies.