Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Arsenal are spreading it out over x appearances and x amount per month for x number of months and all sorts of other gizmos in clauses ;)

I doubt Arsenal are spreading it out over x appearances and x amount per month for x number of months and all sorts of other gizmos in clauses ;)

Probably true..but at the same time, they aren't spending anything more either.

jack will be a permanent fixture in the team, moyes knows it and admits it. he says he doesnt know how long he can put it off as he thinks he's that good.

he's also tied up to everton, he'll be signing a new 5 year deal when he turns 18, it's been agreed, signed and sealed.

If Rodwell had of played on Saturday i still think we would have lost and Moyes would have got pelters because he was too young for such a big game the lad has a future a big future but a lot to ask to play against Lampard and Essien in a Wembley cup final at just 18.

I reckon there's a chance he'll not develop like what we hope and in a couple of years the focus will be on that Barkley who I discovered and told you about when he was twelve.

Last edited:
Yup. 5th best team in England, FA cup finalists - We could attract a big player this summer. And if Man City where to 'break the bank', I could put my life, that we could get a better player for Arteta.
how can we get a player better than Arteta?
There are precious few midfielders in Europe better than him in central midfield, and even fewer of those would consider Everton.
Would be a ridiculous step back.

Rodwell should have been on at half time as Ossie was labouring with the heat and not adding to our cause. Chelsea just dominated the midfield and I could see why we didn't develope any link up play. Hoofing the ball forward and hoping for a flick on was all we could hope for. Untill Jacobsen game on the whole right side was ineffective.

how can we get a player better than Arteta?
There are precious few midfielders in Europe better than him in central midfield, and even fewer of those would consider Everton.
Would be a ridiculous step back.

*Hmm, this seems to be a serious case of blue tinted specs*.

Stuart Pearce believes Jack Rodwell will play a key part in the England Under 21 European Championship squad, and has tipped the youngster for big things in the future.

“I think there’ll be one or two players who’ll enhance their reputations this summer,” he said. “Danny Rose is one who’s just joined us, James Tomkins will, Everton’s Jack Rodwell is another.

“There’s great young talent and if they get their opportunity they’ll take it.

“This time two years ago, Ashley Young just prior to the tournament had got a big-money move to Aston Villa.

“At the time I wasn’t sure whether it was a little bit too much but having worked with him two years ago in this tournament, the first thing I did was ring Martin O’Neill and say, ’You’ve got an absolute bargain on your hands with this kid’.”

And our boy bags number 7 as England Under 21's rout Azjerbejan 7-0:

England Under 21s hammered Azerbaijan 7-0 in their final warm-up game before the European Championship.

Stuart Pearce's youngsters open their campaign against Finland next Monday and they could not have asked for a better send-off at stadium:mk.

It took less than a minute for Michael Mancienne to break the deadlock as the Chelsea defender turned the ball home after James

Tomkins' header had struck the crossbar from Adam Johnson's corner.
England continued to dominate and could have doubled their advantage before the second goal arrived in slightly comical fashion on 26 minutes.

Captain Mark Noble picked up possession just inside the area after a neat move and fired an effort at the near post which rebounded onto goalkeeper Elchin Sadigov's back and rolled over the line.

Gardner added a third five minutes later when he collected a 40-yard pass from Kieran Gibbs and volleyed home his finish.

Azerbaijan, fielding four full internationals, looked lively in attack and almost pulled one back when Rauf Aliyev's ambitious shot from the touchline forced Joe Hart into a save.

Emin Jafarguliyev also sliced horribly wide after latching onto a corner, before England regained complete control at the start of the second half.

They made it 4-0 in the 55th minute when substitute Andrew Taylor swung over a deep cross that Lee Cattermole met, with Nodar Mammadov hacking into his own net.

Arsenal full-back Kieran Gibbs then got in on the act by netting a fifth nine minutes later, coolly stroking a cross from Danny Rose past the keeper.

Gibbs demonstrated his finishing ability again in the 70th minute as he turned the ball home from close range after more good work from Rose and Johnson down the left wing.

Insult was added to injury for Azerbaijan towards the end when Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis was brought on up front, although there was little in his performance to suggest he has a future as a striker.

England maintained their intensity until the final whistle as everyone looked to impress Pearce, and a seventh goal arrived when Jack Rodwell's deflected strike found the target in stoppage time.

There will be far stiffer challenges ahead in Sweden over the coming weeks but England will travel to the tournament full of confidence.

He's going to be a top player and there is absolutely no doubt he will be a regular in the starting line up next year.

Best young talent we have at the club, by a mile.

Looking forward to see him playing for the Under 21s, hopefully Stuart Pearce looks to the future and bloods him.

He's good enough, just give him a chance. His run for the goal was very good, a nice change of pace and changed direction onto his left foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.