Roberto's hour long interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say his honesty about how fans viewed paying what we did for McCarthy and bringing Alcaraz in are refreshing. Admitted that Evertonians at first view would think we over payed for McCarthy and would question why we bring in a player from a relegated side on a free as bad business.

Tell you what they're all high on Browning.

Stubbs at the Tea Party thing earlier said he'd be disappointed if Browning never played for the 1st team and that he was the best 1on1 defender at the club bar none, including the senior pros.

The whole interview is just phenomenal. The man has a clear vision for our club. The very last question and answer he gives is awesome on changing the mentality of that club in winning big games.

He's already fully aware of what our Achilles heel was!

Just amazing. All of it.

He is a football through and through, but more than that he is a very intelligent professional with a really strong idea of what he wants to do. You can imagine him giving management seminars to huge businesses!

I think we might just be the luckiest club in the Premiership..

Great listen.

I wanted to be logical and stay on the fence for as long as possible, but I really can't help it.... Bobby is boss.

Roberto-Martinez-1.jpg

Excellent interview.

He comes across as driven, intelligent and oozes confidence.

I love the fact he believes we are actually underachieving so far this season and that theres always room for improvement. We are no longer plucky little Everton, but the Everton of old, 9 leage titles, the holy trinity and the school of science, a team to be feared.

Im genuinely excited for the future of EFC.

Tell you what they're all high on Browning.

Stubbs at the Tea Party thing earlier said he'd be disappointed if Browning never played for the 1st team and that he was the best 1on1 defender at the club bar none, including the senior pros.

The whole interview is just phenomenal. The man has a clear vision for our club. The very last question and answer he gives is awesome on changing the mentality of that club in winning big games.

He's already fully aware of what our Achilles heel was!

The last bit where he talks about just playing our way no matter what the game being a way to get rid of any nerves or stress in the big games is great.

Ive been a Barça supporter for a good 20 years now also and this interview makes me think of Pep taking over at Barça. People think he was just lucky with players he had but believe me Barça was a club that always had star players but rarely had a strong mentality and when the going got tough you could see it on the pitch. Their heads would go when a goal down...especially if Madrid were eating into a points gap. Pep came in and changed it overnight and like Fergie at United they played their game until the last second and never believed they were beaten.

This is exactly what Bobby is talking about here and I for one am excited for the future at a club that will attack every team no matter what the occasion!

Roberto's use of "we" and "us" is a contrast, no? Correct me if I'm wrong but when discussing the club our previous gaffer typically used the term "Everton".

If I'm wrong then ignore this.

Status
Not open for further replies.