Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people would just calm down, so much panic, it's not like we are 8 games in and are still looking for a win, all will be alright, go for this international break, re group and then we come back and smash west brom all over and everything will be good again.

If - and I stress this is hypothetical - martinez were to quit/resign - where do you think Bill would turn?

Alan Irvine will be available soon...

Big Dunc is on the books, and Unsworth...I think trophies are guaranteed if we go that route.

Did Mike Walker ever officially retire from football?

Big Joe still has unfinished business.

Haha!

Here's one who isn't even waiting for Bobby to leave:

at171013ckendallmartinez-12.jpg

Imagine Duncan Ferguson as manager. I'm sorry, but just no.

Gets out the door and proves himself and we can talk. The feller's done nothing.

With the defensive failures of Saturday one can look at the players but one needs to consider what were the plans or tactics advised to the team by the manager, that could well be a contributing factor. So some responsibility perhaps should rest on Roberto.

Signing another CB will not help if the tactics are to leave large gaps between the CB's and play a standing off game against quality strikers. He's right, its not needed, some improved defensive tactics are what is required.
I disagree, Jagielka and Distin are no longer of the standard of what we require if we're serious about challenging for honours and a top 4 place.

In our brilliant run of 7 straight wins last season it was Stones gaining the plaudits. Jagielka has been deteriorating as a defender for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.