Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have thought that, if he wanted to buy the club outright he'd settle the loans. What's £31.3m to a billionaire?

What's your source?
it's a business decision made as a result of current financial circumstances.

Read through the Moshiri thread instead of shouting source at something you don't know or agree with.

I'd have thought that, if he wanted to buy the club outright he'd settle the loans. What's £31.3m to a billionaire?

What's your source?

The point is that until it's established whether a new stadium or a refurbished Goodison is the preferred option, there's no point in triggering unnecessary responses from the loan issuer.

Source = original loan documentation

I'm sure that none of us really knows the ins and outs of this because it wouldn't be publicly disclosed. According to Toffeeweb...

Moshiri 17,465 (49.9%)
Kenwright 4256
Woods 3116
Grantchester 2773
Carter 714
Other 6676
Total 35,000

Surely keeping Moshiri in the minority is a safety mechanism for Bill and the club though? It would make no sense if Moshiri could swing any decision by asking other minority shareholders to vote in his favour.

And how would it benefit Moshiri to be in the minority on major issues like debts and stadia? He'd still have a massive liability and less influence.

You say "none of us really know" and then publish toffeeweb "facts".

From what we've heard Roberto's vision for the team, once the old guard hang up their boots is something like this:

Joel
Coleman Stones Funes Mori Galloway
Besic McCarthy
Deulofeu Barkley Yarmolenko
Lukaku
We'll also probably see players like McAleny and Dowell breaking through. Michael Ball was right when he said Everton are playing Academy football because ordinarily at least half the team would still be learning their trade in the junior ranks. We've got some exceptional players who are having to grow up quickly.

I'm looking forward to seeing partnerships develop all over the pitch and for this young side to hit their peak together. Yarmolenko has, apparently, said that he'd rather play every week for us rather than sit on the bench at Barca. Surely the same thought will come into Lukaku's reckoning.

I don't buy it that Roberto has lost the dressing room. The players say how thorough he is and how much they've learned from him. I'm sure that they enjoy training sessions and McCarthy has called him a "tactical genius". It's obvious that they like him on a personal level too. I think that they're disappointed in themselves and frustrated that things aren't going their way.

It's fantastic how much Roberto has bought into the club and how he makes sure that the players know what a privilege it is to play for Everton. It's great that he watches all the youth team games and he isn't afraid to give younger players a chance. I love that he encourages them to express themselves, to enjoy their football and take chances. I'm so pleased that he tries to play attacking, entertaining football too.

It would be very difficult to find somebody to carry on that project AND to achieve results in the short term too. Besides Wenger I can't think of another current manager who has such a vision for their club.

If we can keep our star players in the summer and give him the money to build the side that he wants and we're still in mid-table then fair enough. But what have we lost by seeing things through as they are? We're not going to get relegated and we've no hope of Champions League football. The FA Cup is a lottery. Hopefully the players will feel like they owe it to Roberto to go out and win it.

From what we've heard Roberto's vision for the team, once the old guard hang up their boots is something like this:

Joel
Coleman Stones Funes Mori Galloway
Besic McCarthy
Deulofeu Barkley Yarmolenko
Lukaku
We'll also probably see players like McAleny and Dowell breaking through. Michael Ball was right when he said Everton are playing Academy football because ordinarily at least half the team would still be learning their trade in the junior ranks. We've got some exceptional players who are having to grow up quickly.

I'm looking forward to seeing partnerships develop all over the pitch and for this young side to hit their peak together. Yarmolenko has, apparently, said that he'd rather play every week for us rather than sit on the bench at Barca. Surely the same thought will come into Lukaku's reckoning.

I don't buy it that Roberto has lost the dressing room. The players say how thorough he is and how much they've learned from him. I'm sure that they enjoy training sessions and McCarthy has called him a "tactical genius". It's obvious that they like him on a personal level too. I think that they're disappointed in themselves and frustrated that things aren't going their way.

It's fantastic how much Roberto has bought into the club and how he makes sure that the players know what a privilege it is to play for Everton. It's great that he watches all the youth team games and he isn't afraid to give younger players a chance. I love that he encourages them to express themselves, to enjoy their football and take chances. I'm so pleased that he tries to play attacking, entertaining football too.

It would be very difficult to find somebody to carry on that project AND to achieve results in the short term too. Besides Wenger I can't think of another current manager who has such a vision for their club.

If we can keep our star players in the summer and give him the money to build the side that he wants and we're still in mid-table then fair enough. But what have we lost by seeing things through as they are? We're not going to get relegated and we've no hope of Champions League football. The FA Cup is a lottery. Hopefully the players will feel like they owe it to Roberto to go out and win it.
Hi Mr Elstone

Nothing wrong with that. The agreements at Everton won't be public knowledge. Officially the club acknowledged that Moshiri had bought a 49.9% stake but they didn't divulge any more than that. We can't know any contractual details or any verbal agreements between the parties.

Nothing wrong with that. The agreements at Everton won't be public knowledge. Officially the club acknowledged that Moshiri had bought a 49.9% stake but they didn't divulge any more than that. We can't know any contractual details or any verbal agreements between the parties.
please read the Moshiri thread. Even the last 5 pages will answer your questions.

Just admit your wrongdoings and you can leave and read the Moshiri thread to get yourself up to speed sir.

Just admit your wrongdoings and you can leave and read the Moshiri thread to get yourself up to speed sir.

I haven't put anyone down. The Moshiri thread is conjecture. I'm sure that he does have every intention to buy the club outright but there will only be a handful of people who know what's actually going on and they're hardly likely to tell the rest of the world unless it suits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.