Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek
Apologies if I have not seen it but have you ever declared what your expectations are with regards to the league?

Your right in that the cup performance this season is decent. But aside from those where do you think we should've finishing in the league?

I had us down for top 7 at worst at the start of the year. Around Xmas I thought we could definitely hit that target.

Now I think we will be lucky to finish top half.
What were your expectations at the start of the year?
I said we should see 60 points and a cup run as a target. Not happening on the league front now.

Two good cup runs and midtable will be acceptable. Then he can spend serious cash nest season.

I said we should see 60 points and a cup run as a target. Not happening on the league front now.

Two good cup runs and midtable will be acceptable. Then he can spend serious cash nest season.
By you and no one else here mate.

Good cup runs without winning the cups themselves means absolutely eff all, and finishing about 12 is a disgrace with the squad we have.

Do you think he can turn it around in terms of defending?

His stats are woeful.

If I thought he could fair enough but not convinced he will.

By you and no one else here mate.

Good cup runs without winning the cups themselves means absolutely eff all, and finishing about 12 is a disgrace with the squad we have.
By the people who count in all this mate...the people who make the decisions.

An inconvenient truth maybe, but a truth nevertheless.

By the people who count in all this mate...the people who make the decisions.

An inconvenient truth maybe, but a truth nevertheless.
Forgot you're best mates with Farhad Moshiri mate, fair enough.

Doubt an owner with actual ambition who wants to put money in the club will be like Blue Bill and be satisfied with a mid-table finish and performing alright in the cups really.

Forgot you're best mates with Farhad Moshiri mate, fair enough.

Doubt an owner with actual ambition who wants to put money in the club will be like Blue Bill and be satisfied with a mid-table finish and performing alright in the cups really.
Don't put money on it mate.

That reminds me, there's a few here who are convinced it's curtains for this manager because 'he's not doing well enough'. They wont put money on it though. Funny that.

That reminds me, there's a few here who are convinced it's curtains for this manager because 'he's not doing well enough'. They wont put money on it though. Funny that.
I know he won't get sacked now, and I know he's unlikely to get sacked come summer time, unless he continues on with this downward spiral of form.

The thing is, you somehow genuinely believe we're improving, despite everything pointing in the exact opposite direction. I am quite baffled by that and question your sanity with every league game.

No source on this dave but seen it posted elsewhere that one of the board wants no delays in moving Bobby out.

A very important week on and off the pitch for everton football club ahead.

I know he won't get sacked now, and I know he's unlikely to get sacked come summer time, unless he continues on with this downward spiral of form.

The thing is, you somehow genuinely believe we're improving, despite everything pointing in the exact opposite direction. I am quite baffled by that and question your sanity with every league game.

My sanity gets questioned loads on here of late. However, I'm the one saying Martinez has the support of the club and players and its borne out in reality, while the people accusing me of madness are holding onto straws that he hasn't and is about to be sacked.

My sanity gets questioned loads on here of late. However, I'm the one saying Martinez has the support of the club and players and its borne out in reality, while the people accusing me of madness are holding onto straws that he hasn't and is about to be sacked.
Not because of that statement, but because you actually believe we're improving in any way, despite every evidence being there for the opposite.

You're also the one saying: he'll turn it around, he'll turn it around....you're all dead fickle....listen to me....you don't know anything....I know it all..You'll see I'm right....

Well he hasn't turned anything round, has he? And you've been saying this all season...

Status
Not open for further replies.