Reyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Pienaar play RM instead? If possible, that would make this "rumour" even more interesting since that would improve our first-11 a great deal. Reyes and Pienaar on either flank.

I dont see any reason why he couldnt? Like the old saying, quality players can play anywhere. ;)

£4m wouldn't be a huge gamble, surely? Maybe he's precisely the type that Moyes can back to form. It certainly seems an improvement on some of the dross that has been mentioned lately. He's still a youngster as well. This could be one of those fantastic bargains. Then again, it could be a disaster and he'll get all homesick again.

Sign him up, Moyesie!! :D

Can Pienaar play RM instead? If possible, that would make this "rumour" even more interesting since that would improve our first-11 a great deal. Reyes and Pienaar on either flank.
I don't think we should move Pienaar, instead we should repeat a success from left flank and look for a left footed winger on right side with a decent shot, and then use a RB who can overlap.

Assuming MikelsGoat hasn't been vandalising Wiki again, there is a slight complication regarding the ownership of his playing rights:

wiki said:
On August 8, Benfica announced the signing of Reyes on a one year loan deal. Benfica also bought 25% of his playing rights for a fee of €2.65m and ensured a buying option of the remainder 75% for an undisclosed fee.

As someone said, his wages could be a problem. Otherwise he'd be a great signing. The one thing we've lacked for some time now has been the ability to attack at pace. He's that kind of player, and Moyes could bring out the best in him.

What would scare about signing him: that's what we thought about VDM a few years back.

Everton need players like him, yes we have quality but we need more players who can win a game for us. Reyes is a talented footballer and would be an absolute snip at 4 million.

As someone said, his wages could be a problem. Otherwise he'd be a great signing. The one thing we've lacked for some time now has been the ability to attack at pace. He's that kind of player, and Moyes could bring out the best in him.

What would scare about signing him: that's what we thought about VDM a few years back.
But we need a new one since VdM left. lol

He was very hit and miss at Arsenal, sometimes sublime, sometimes awfull, if i remember correctly he didnt fancy the physical side of the game over here. One kick and you knew he would dissapear for the rest of the game. I personally didnt like his attitude either he was every 10 mins saying it was his dream to play for Real.

That said the talent was there, if he has learnt any humbleness it could be a gamble of Arteta style proporitions.

That said the talent was there, if he has learnt any humbleness it could be a gamble of Arteta style proporitions.

The more I think about it the less of a gamble does it become. £4M for him is a steal if he returns to his best side and if he proves to be a new VdM, one that desperately wants to return to Spain... we should be able to get a similar sum for him when we sell him next summer.

That said.. I don't think he'll come. It's in the papers and it's not August 31, so therefore it's almost 100% not going to happen. :p

Even when he was good at Arsenal his head often didn't seem like it was in the match. Not sure even at 4M he'd be effective. I guess it could be would worth a gamble, but won't expect too much.

I think there is a 70 percent chance that Owen is washed up but he'd cost 2.6M/year (40-50k/week). If I'm going to gamble some money away, I think I'd even rather take a chance on Mickey than Reyes.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.