Remember that one time in 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icburns

pyar sauced
When Everton sat one spot from relegation?
and how in 2005 we finished atop the RS and into the Champions League?
With all the negativity on this forum, I felt obligated to bring this up.
There is always hope... :rolleyes:

I do.

Everton came to Houston for their preseason after that horrid year and played Club America and Pachuca here in Reliant Stadium.

I've always thought they should come back to Texas.

I remember too, and a valid point.

The only problem is back in that season, there was only 3 teams playing good footy in the league, Liverpool were badly ****e the entire season. We lost 11 games, with a negative goal difference, and still qualified 4th.
This season, like last, is even more open, 6 teams vying for Champs League (7 if you can label Liverpool having a show), plus the likes of Sunderland and Bolton having good seasons.
The competition has really heated up and sadly we've been left behind.

I do enjoy seeing the optimistic posts however, it does give you a bit of a lift and thanks for trying :) but it's hard right now to be an Evertonian.

If we were playing some of the garbage we used to play, or going to Arsenal or Man U and being pegged back in our own half for the entire game I'd be more worried.

We are bossing games for long periods, the only think that concerns me is that we have returned to a tendency to being hit on the break, e.g. when we have a free kick attempt on their goal, or a corner.

I put part of this down to Fellani going in to the box for his aerial threat, arteta taking the corner/set piece. We need to think about not being hit on the counter and then i'll be more optimistic.

plus during that season we had one of the most close knit units of mainly british players (even the ones that wernt had a british mentality) not the same these days, some of the players we had don't have that dare i say it....dogs of war mindset

bring back carsley!

Status
Not open for further replies.