Remainder of transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes said this:
"I don't think I'll be busy," Moyes told said. "But I've got one or two things I can do if I need to. I have one or two loans signings that I could bring in if I want to.

"I want to try and make sure that if we do bring anyone in, it's the right one and it's of value for us. I don't just want to bring somebody in to add to the numbers - because that's not what I think we need.

"Numbers are improving with injured players coming back. And if I was going to bring somebody in, I would like it to be somebody of quality who could add something to the team."

Any thoughts? Who would the loans be? Only good ones apparently. Personally i think we have our lot.

id stick with the squad weve got like moysey said numbers improving
with injured players, once all fit weve got a big enough squad
imwt! wouldnt like to loan players and see anyone be dropped
in to the reserves because every player [even hibbert on this one ;)
have done well some time this season.. if we was to bring another
player what position would it be? midfield .. proberly not considering
weve got a 8.9 m [bily] on the bench, rodwell etc...
defence weve loaned senderos .. dont even think heel get in the squad
forward? only place id think and cant really see us loaning a good forward , squads lookin a belter coyb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weve done well this transfer window filling holes in the squad - meaning we now probably for the first time this season arent putting square pegs in round holes.

Id be made up with Vic Moses, but maybe thats just being greedy.

I actually agree with Moyes on this one.

I mean we have a pretty set squad and unless someone like Huntelaar falls into our lap (which he probably won't because hey, we're Everton...) then I wouldn't make any changes and bring the injured players (Jags, Arteta, Vic..) in slowly.

I wouldn't mind another striker being added to the squad, but only if he's of a quality to really challenge for a place - not just an extra body to provide additional cover. The only other query is whether we have sufficient cover at left-back - can anybody in the squad put Baines under any pressure at all?

Ive been surprised Baines hasnt picked up a niggle by now to be honest.

Nev and Distin can both play there at a pinch, but Baines is a massive outlet for us, been surprised with some of the cirticism really been total quality for me.

Big things are expected of young Garbutt i beleive, has talent to burn but there is a concern over his slightness at present. Same build as Baines so i hear. Bidwell is turning in to a big hulk of a defender who can play there but is prob the exact opposit to garbutt in that he may have the power, but not as much finesse or mobility his temprement in big games and on the feild decison making has been questioned to.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Moyes says he'll be bringing in three big household names and we end up with,

mister sheen, Cillit Bang and Toilet Duck.

:oops:

uk_duck_freshdiscs.jpg

I dunno, i hope so providing its someone who can add something to the team not just make up numbers

would like to see us bring in Jeffren Suarez on loan from Barca he is quick skillful and creative he would be a good addition to the squad as back up for Pienaar and Donovan and Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.