Relegation 23/24 Thread

He was way less to blame than most last season.

less sh!t than others is hardly justification to make him the highest paid player at the club. He's a liability who breaks down so many attacks because he cant pass a ball. 5 or 6 goals over a season doesnt gloss over his lack of ability. There is a far bigger picture.

This is correct!

5 points max from the, checks notes...........1 win in 12....Hatters!
A win against Forest no matter what Luton gets this weekend settles the nerves down. Even if they win and we win they'll still be adrift of us with 4 to play - and more of a danger to Forest.

We need this win - it goes without saying.

less sh!t than others is hardly justification to make him the highest paid player at the club. He's a liability who breaks down so many attacks because he cant pass a ball. 5 or 6 goals over a season doesnt gloss over his lack of ability. There is a far bigger picture.
Hels not great, but he's been vital. The two are not mutually exclusive.

A win against Forest no matter what Luton gets this weekend settles the nerves down. Even if they win and we win they'll still be adrift of us with 4 to play - and more of a danger to Forest.

We need this win - it goes without saying.
I think we will win, dyche will go back to backs against the wall and we will get a goal from a set piece(their vulnerability

Club needs to get away from not only buying players like him. We cant string two passes together. But even worse paying them a fortune. He's completely disappeared and stunk the place out aswell since signing that contract.
I dont know whats to "like"
I agree that if you want to play a possession game you don't play Doucoure. But we're not a possession based team.

If we get away from that with another coach, ditch Doucoure, I suppose. But until then I have the feeling he'll weigh in again before the season is out and he'll hand a couple more vital goals.

Shouldn't an attacking mid/second striker earn his salaray for the year by scoring more goals throughout the season to make that Bournemouth goal irrelevant?
Absolutely, but in terms of goalscoring we have bigger problems than Doucoure.
His goals helped keep us up last season and may do the same this season.

I would be more concerned about the lack of goals from Garner,Onana, Harrison, Young and McNeill tbh.

I would say Doucoure has scored more than all the others combined.

I agree that if you want to play a possession game you don't play Doucoure. But we're not a possession based team.

If we get away from that with another coach, ditch Doucoure, I suppose. But until then I have the feeling he'll weigh in again before the season is out and he'll hand a couple more vital goals.

Fair enough. But stop paying plodders that sort of money. No wonder the clubs a mess. Whoever rubber stamped that contract is part of the problem aswell.

Fair enough. But stop paying plodders that sort of money. No wonder the clubs a mess. Whoever rubber stamped that contract is part of the problem aswell.
Goal scorers are rewarded, I suppose. The contract renewal was last November after he'd scored his 3rd for the current season and we were flying.

Goal scorers are rewarded, I suppose. The contract renewal was last November after he'd scored his 3rd for the current season and we were flying.

We've been fighting relegation 3 of the 4 seasons he's been here.
He's 31. His whole career is nothing but average.
As i said. Only Everton. No other club in the world only Everton.

Big weekend ahead that is for sure. dyche lost 3 defenders on Monday potentially so we will see the likes of Keane and Godfrey returning along wiht Danjuma and Gana hopefully. The Forest game becomes somehting of a toss up. who knows where we go from there.