Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long way to go, but yesterday was very bleak.

I fear we will be relying on three teams being worse than us yet again.

It’s on Dyche to positively affect the on field element of that much more than he has done, with team selections and tactics.

Above Dyche is the real problem.

It’s criminal that kenwright is still taking a wage and in the chair, due to his experience and negotiating skills ffs, and until he and moshiri go we will be in trouble.

Moshiri out.
Kenwright out.

I was thinking that before we even kicked off against Fulham.

3 key reasons.

Once again not addressed forward problems.
From pre season you knew he was going back to Michael Keane.
Alex iwobi starting every game. Gutless fraud who's not remotely interested in Everton. Its just a well paid job.

I was looking at luton sheff united and Burnley at the start. I think Fulham might struggle. But we've already pissed 3 points away to them.

Sometimes feels like those days of Carlo were naught but a dream..

We were crap under him too, yes I’m aware we’re now worse, but I don’t understand why those seasons finishing 10th and 12th are remembered as the nostalgic good old days. The football we played that season made me want to actively stop watching Everton matches even on telly for the first time in my life.

It's another gamble season, make do with what we have whilst funding BMD and hope for the best. Poor forward planning from the board has turned fan against fan, fan against players, board against fans, and as a lad said further up the page a million miles from the Everton most of us know.
It's tragic watching it unfold and seeing us become more and more of a laughing stock as each season under this board passes.
We are the mosted hated team since Leeds of the 70's. Simply because of outsiders coming in and not understanding or in fact caring what Everton means.

Sincerely hoping we are safe by March but with arguably a weaker squad than last year i fear for us, which I honestly didn't the past 2 seasons.

We are the mosted hated team since Leeds of the 70's. Simply because of outsiders coming in and not understanding or in fact caring what Everton means.
Currently seems to mean abusing the players on social media, to follow on from confronting them in the street in January. Our fans don't help themselves.

The players must be terrified to come to the stadium on match day, and I'm guessing the bus stuff isn't as inspirational or encouraging as people think since that incident. Must feel more like an intimidating threat. And if that's "what everton is about" then maybe we don't deserve our place in the modern day premier league...

We were crap under him too, yes I’m aware we’re now worse, but I don’t understand why those seasons finishing 10th and 12th are remembered as the nostalgic good old days. The football we played that season made me want to actively stop watching Everton matches even on telly for the first time in my life.
Ancelotti's tenure as manager represents the best return of Points Per Game (1.60) since Howard Kendall was the boss in the 80s.

If it is to be another relegation, I don't think we'll have enough to drag ourselves out of it. The resentment that the likes of Kenwright and Moshiri have towards the fans has probably filtered throughout the club now and you can't underestimate how draining that will be towards getting us moving in the right direction.

The two deplorable social media incidents with Maupay and Onana will no doubt be spoken about in the dressing room and the players will feel aggrieved because in their minds they're doing all they can. It doesn't help that the Everton they play for and the Everton a lot of our fans recognise are worlds apart. The majority of those players won't see this as a big club and it's simply impossible for them to live up to that expectation anyway due to a complete lack of ability.

It's a difficult scenario for the fans because accusations of toxicity are going to be thrown around a lot over the coming weeks. In my opinion it's completely wrong to clap along to terrible performances like yesterday unconditionally as you just resign yourself to the abyss, but obviously the empty away end and a chorus of boos/abuse should we lose to Wolves will just help to further the feeling of animosity from the club towards the supporters.

Last edited:

We finished 10th and 12th.
1692643998303.png

Cool, now show me the league tables.

PPG is a nonsense when one manager’s is over 18 months and another’s is over 11 years. Oh and one manager got to manage games in front of NO FANS for his only full season. Completely futile and pointless argument you’re making.

We finished 12th and 10th.
Would it be more appropriate to be reminiscing the Moyes days of a decade or more ago?

Carlo is the best manager we have had in my adult life, and had us playing good football despite consisting of a poor collection of footballers.

Would it be more appropriate to be reminiscing the Moyes days of a decade or more ago?

Carlo is the best manager we have had in my adult life, and had us playing good football despite consisting of a poor collection of footballers.

My memory of Ancelotti was the football being very pragmatic to put it politely. No qualms over that because as you rightly point out we had a poor collection of footballers who weren't capable of much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.