Relegation 23/24 Thread

Could probably do with that Brentford one moving to the Sunday. They'll use a lot of energy chasing the ball in the Derby. Wonder who the customary sending off will be this time...

Forgetting about the next points deduction for the moment. The week between the 21st and 27th April will be what keeps us up or puts us down. 3 homes games that week against Forest, rs and Brentford. Need to be getting 6 points minimum from those

It gets moved to Sunday if City beat R Madrid in the next round of the CL
Its bad enough for match going fans that they have to wait for so long for ko dates and times to be confirmed, only for to have to wait even longer because of European fixtures to possibly have the game rescheduled even later, when neither team involved in the fixture are playing in Europe.
Solution, put City on Saturday in the first place and us on the Sunday. Let people get their match day travel sorted.

Forgetting about the next points deduction for the moment. The week between the 21st and 27th April will be what keeps us up or puts us down. 3 homes games that week against Forest, rs and Brentford. Need to be getting 6 points minimum from those
I'd consider resting players against Liverpool. We can be at our very best and still lose that, whereas the other two are absolute must wins give the opponents

i think the points totals we normally think of dont really count this season, because I normally target 40 points, but I think survival will be a lot lower than that this year. A combination of the points deductions for us and forest and the promoted teams not spending and the bottom half of the league barely spending any money (other than Chelsea) for fear of FFP.

As long as we maintain the 4 point gap between ourselves and the drop zone, we will be OK. I could see 33 points being enough to stay up this season. I am hopeful it wont come to that and we can win 4 out of the last 10 games at least and end the season on 37 points. I cant see; Luton, Forest and Brentford doing better than that.

The other thing will be the points deductions. If Forest get their 4 points reduced or even overturned that could give their players a boost and be very damaging to ours. If we get a 2nd points deduction as well, then basically I think we have to riot.

Even if Chelsea get a points deduction I dont think they would come into the relegation equation. They are on 39 points already. the EPL would probably give them a 4 point deduction at most