Prentice: Everpool team of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerly manx toffee

Player Valuation: £60m
Here you go...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...avid-prentices-ever-pool-team-201213-4315640?

7 Everton players vs 4 Liverpool

'bout right.

Surprisingly* there* has been some* correspondence to this* desk asking where the* Ever-Pool team for* 2012/13 has been.

‘Surprising’, because* the usual reaction is to* dissect and demolish my* selection – and the easy* answer is I usually make* a Team of the Year* selection in January,* rather than a Team of* the Season.

But it seems you like* shooting fish in a barrel,* so here goes.

Tim Howard: Not* vintage but more consistent* than Reina.

Seamus Coleman: Yes* seriously. Can defend as well* as attack, which gives him an* advantage over Glen Johnson.

Leighton Baines: * No-brainer.

Phil Jagielka: Harsh to* leave out Distin, but Jags was* so consistent.

Daniel Agger: Stayed fit* long enough to show off his* undoubted ability – at the* back and going forward.

Kevin Mirallas: * Injury-afflicted, but* outstanding at both ends of* the season.

Leon Osman: So* under-rated – still.

Steven Gerrard: * Another great season from* an Anfield legend.

Philippe Coutinho: * Outstanding introduction to* Premier League football.

Marouane Fellaini:* Better first half of the season,* but excellent overall.

Luis Suarez: A flawed* genius. But the flaws are not* in his ability.

Last edited:
It's a fair team though Gibson should be in there over either Gerrard or Coutinho, he was great this season despite missing a bit through injury

Gibson in for Osman

Can see what you mean. But early in the season. Ossie was pretty good. Got capped didnt he?

Nice to be discussing which Eberton player, instead of which RS shouldnt be in there!

Yeah I agree with Gibson over Osman, but then wasn't Gibson injured for a fair bit of the season at one point? Osman has played most games, although in some of them you'd think he wasn't.

Can see what you mean. But early in the season. Ossie was pretty good. Got capped didnt he?

Nice to be discussing which Eberton player, instead of which RS shouldnt be in there!

Had a flurry middle to end of last season were he was just beyond pants. And for that reason I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.