Postponment good or bad for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Smith

Player Valuation: £5m
So last night game was called off due to the weather and I was wondering if it was a good or bad thing for Everton?

On the plus side
1) it saved the pitch from being cut up before the cup game
2) hopefully we will have players back from injury for a rearranged date (Lukaku mainly + others)
3) more time off for the rest of the squad before the cup game

Negatives,

1) possible fixture build up?
2) lack of game time for the new lad, Traore
3) loss of revenue due to wages paid out to staff and so on

And goes without saying that i feel sorry to anyone that made the trip only for it to be called off half an hour before kick off, I know how they feel as it happened to me for a rain soaked derby game a few years back!

It was not good or bad it was GREAT -

Naismith and Osman in the starting line up makes you want to scream at the heavens- WHY GOD WHY WHY WHY!

I think the main downside was the fact other results went against us so the gap now looks bigger. You never know how things like that effects players psychologically. Being 5 points behind is better then being 8 points behind with a game in hand.

Good for the reasons you said plus it's a bit of a leveller playing in conditions like that, bad for the people like me who were virtually at the ground when it was called off.

I was not best pleased at getting to the ground only to find that it was off

Now that the fume has subsided, I think it was probably a good thing, not just for the reasons already stated but also because I think playing in high winds could be a disaster for us.
I love the passing game and patient build ups, but it would have been full on panic stations watching our defenders trying toffee tika taka in those conditions

I personally think it was fantastic from a football perspective. We would never have won last night, Crystal Palace are coming into form, conditions would have turned the game scrappy which would not suit us and i had a bad feeling about it.

When the game is played next they could be out of form again, weather much nicer under the flood lights and two strikers to come on and try and score.

Just the 8 points is now hard to catch psycologically.

I personally think it was fantastic from a football perspective. We would never have won last night, Crystal Palace are coming into form, conditions would have turned the game scrappy which would not suit us and i had a bad feeling about it.

When the game is played next they could be out of form again, weather much nicer under the flood lights and two strikers to come on and try and score.

its likely to be 11 after weve played chelsea.

The 8 points behind could fast become 11 if we lose at Chelsea, so that's a bit of a worry.

But maybe it puts the pressure off us so we could go on a bit of a run.

Probably a good thing to get players back from injury.

Good thing. Obvs primarily for fan safety but also due to our injuries and the fact that Pulis' grocks would have loved playing us in dodgy conditions

We probably would have won mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.