Portsmouth vs Everton - 1st Dec 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewoo

Player Valuation: £950k
Portsmouth vs Everton
efc__1178384290_yobo-goal400.jpg

1st December 15:00

No sticky for this yet? Everyone must be too busy debating Stubbsys management credentials.

I reckon this could be a real ding dong of a match this one. Both sides on great form.

Yak to play as a lone striker again? Moyesy to stick with the same side or change it a bit? who knows. But lets start talking about it!!!!!!!

And of course when you do create a proper sticky - best make it Portsmouth vs Everton (before the pedants get on my case)

On topic, we are going to do Portsmouth. With our run and sky-high confidence (not getting ahead of ourselves, we are still keeping the feet planted on the ground) coupled with Harry getting rumbled, confidence can't be good with that episode developing. Hopefully we capitalise.

Saying that, I think it will be 3-1 to us.

Got to agree that if we keep on playing the way we have done, we should batter them. Although its a funny old game...

No indication from moyesy whether he'll stick or twist with the squad selection - its gotta be the 451 with cahill in support though.

personally i'd keep it as it was for the sunderland match, and use the subs to change it around a bit later on.

Suppose he might be tempted to think about swapping his fullbacks a little bit though, and god knows what he's thinking for the striker situation. Yak to start again for me though.

UEFA match is not critical, so make a few changes for midweek.

Portsmouth are a team to be feared now, i felt more confident of getting a result against chelsea away than this fixture...saying that i think it will be 2-2..

The formation i would like to see would be...

- - - - - - - Howard

Neville - Yobo - Lescott - Baines

Arteta - Carsley - Cahill - Osman

- - - - Vaughan - Anichebe

simply because...Portsmouth know yakubu, so they'll be defending him out of the game. Also have you seen portsmouths defenders?! johnson would stand a chance of out strengthing them, and his pace isnt much faster than them aswell...

...so start with vaughan, who was on fire for the reserves, who is eager to play, a player who has got amition, skill and pace. Also anichebe, a strong target man upfront to bring the ball down and pass it to the midfield...

Last night i had a dream that we won 5-0, with vaughan bagging a hattrick in the first 20 minutes...i think is possible :)

You'd drop Yakubu for Portsmouth?

I think he'll be out to prove something.... I personally wouldn't drop him. Not after scoring two in his last outing.

Howard
Neville Yobo Lescott Valente
Super-Cars
Arteta Cahill Osman Pienaar
Yakubu

they have some quality in the middle so i expect something like...

James
Johnson Campbell Distin Pamarot
Davis Diop Muntari Kranjcar
Benjani Kanu

or something similar, 4 english players in that side - wonder how african nations will affect them in january.

We have to win this one, we owe them for last season, that said we demolished them at goodison 3-0 with three under 21's in shining form that day.

Any ideas who the ref is ?

Just took the plunge and put the Yak in my fantasy league team. Nailed on to be droppped now.

Personally cant see him not starting given the way the team played last week

Like Dom, I think this'll be a hard fought game and we'll have to be on top of our game to take it.

That said, I'm going for the 1-1 draw with Cahill bagging ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.