POLL: Would you like David Moyes back as Everton manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you remember the spurs games when Jelavic scored in the last minute, that's the passion I want back at Goodison.
Every man fighting for every ball and running there socks off, you can never ask anyone anything but to do their best!

• That game under Moyes and also against Fiorentina were fantastic, living in Exeter and not getting to as many games that I would like too were unbelievable even though we lost on pens to the Italians!
  • The kind of commitment and desire that was there is the very least we should accept if we want to progress
Oh but in a word if I'd want Moyes back after the way he treated us after 11 years here would be a massive NO from me.

Last edited:
Don't you remember the spurs games when Jelavic scored in the last minute, that's the passion I want back at Goodison.
Every man fighting for every ball and running there socks off, you can never ask anyone anything but to do their best!

• That game under Moyes and also against Fiorentina were fantastic, living in Exeter and not getting to as many games that I would like too were unbelievable even though we lost on pens to the Italians!
  • The kind of commitment and desire that was there is the very least we should accept if we want to progress
Oh but in a word if I'd want Moyes back after the way he treated us after 11 years here would be a massive NO from me.

That and his inability to win F all in 11 years...simply not a winner.

I am not suggesting that you fall into this category but a lot of fans seem to forget that when we got Moyes from PNE our club were second from bottom and heading towards oblivion, he may not of won a single trophy but he certainly steadied the ship and reduced our debt whilst still competing for a European place nearly every season.
To be fair no club looked forward coming to Everton when moyes was in charge as they knew they had a battle on their hands .
The only let down I have for Moyes is the way he disrespected our club once he knew he was getting the Utd job, if he had acted differently and not made the comments about Baines and Felliani I would have nothing but good to say about the man

I am not suggesting that you fall into this category but a lot of fans seem to forget that when we got Moyes from PNE our club were second from bottom and heading towards oblivion, he may not of won a single trophy but he certainly steadied the ship and reduced our debt whilst still competing for a European place nearly every season.
To be fair no club looked forward coming to Everton when moyes was in charge as they knew they had a battle on their hands .
The only let down I have for Moyes is the way he disrespected our club once he knew he was getting the Utd job, if he had acted differently and not made the comments about Baines and Felliani I would have nothing but good to say about the man

There is no doubting he did some excellent work in his time here. No doubt at all.

End of the day though is the 2009 Cup Final epitomized him as a manager. Instead of trying to win the game after going up so early, we tried to sit on the lead and well, it was just a matter of time, wasn't it?

He was exactly what the club need at the time. He stabilized the club at a rocky moment. We were lucky he was so adept at finding quality on the cheap and getting the most out of them. That said, he was never going to get us to the next level...even with money to spend. He simply doesn't instill a winner's mentality...excellent at instilling a fighters mentality though.

I was fourteen when we named David Moyes as manager, twenty six when he left. He was the Everton manager during my formative years, and will almost certainly be the manager whose Everton side I went to see more than any other in my life. I still have very fond memories of him and hate the bitterness towards him from what seems like a majority of our fans. The Fellaini/Baines comments were unfortunate but blown well out of proportion.

That said - you don't go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.