6 + 2 Point Deductions

worried-daffy-duck-waiting-0ysdqb9xm9vui3hy.gif

I understand there are practical reasons for this, but it is absolutely not fair in any way.

It makes no logical sense for those with less charges to have their hearings, and then possibly punishments fast tracked. No one can honestly argue that is fair and good for sport.

And there is no argument that makes a double penalty fair for the same season. And the idea there can be an inconsistent approach to punishments, because there are different panels each time, is also clearly not fair.
I don’t disagree with any of this but the clubs themselves voted for the process and I assume by default that included Everton.

The second case has to be moving forward. The process of hearing may well be a week or so off but the second commission aren’t bound by any previous IC outcome. Strange I agree but that’s a fact.
Fast track only applies to PSR charges multiple charges such as Cities aren’t under the same section as Everton’s and Nottingham Forests
The PL wanted the hearing of the first of Everton’s charges in the 22/23 season but Everton objected and the IC sided with the club. The consequences of that is now evident in terms of potentially two points deductions in one season

If the second commission are looking at a period in which we've already been punished, then surely their outcome is bound by the previous outcome?

If, for arguments sake, our 'final' points penalty for the first breach is reduced to 5 points, the second commission can't come in and slap us with 10 points for the period in which we breached previously, plus more for the new one.

Everton voted for their own hearing to be fast tracked with a potential for a double points deduction?
I think he means a vote amongst 20 clubs… a 14-6 vote in favour is carried so even if Everton voted against it it would be implemented.

We could have been punished last season but the IC said no as the timescale was too short for a fair hearing(that’s a laugh).

I think it was also brought in to avoid the possibility of legal action against the PL by clubs who were relegated due to another team’s breach of PSR.

Anyone else sick to death of this thread?

Yep. Stopped reading most posts about a week ago. Just scroll through now, reading the occasional comment, but mainly looking for linked articles from any journo's who might start getting the world out a touch early

On;y so many times a man can read @MikeH72 saying we should get all our points back only for somebody to say we won't get them all back. No offence like, mike, but could swear I've read that conversation about 2445 times now.