Player quotes you'd like to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Liverpool? As if! I would never play for any other team in England as Everton is in my heart and in my soul. Anyway, their manager does trannys!!"

Gerard Deulofeu

"No, I don't think Luis carried us at all. Yes, I'd like to thank him now that he's gone, but we had ten other brilliant footballers who all did their bit and while Luis may have scored the vast majority of our goals, I'd argue that the other players always have been much more important. However, I wish him the best at Real Madrid. We got an offer of £50m and we just felt it was too good not to turn down. No, it wasn't a release clause, and Luis didn't say "screw the lot of yas I'm off to Spain". Honest."

"I believe United were holding Rooney back.

in a twisted way there's a good argument for that. Rooney's unpredictable mad skillz, tricks and dribbling gave way to hard graft and refined technique under Fergie.

Can't argue with the 200 fine goals he's scored or the trophies he's won, but the magic he had in blue got rubbed away somehow.

I want to thank the boss for giving me the chance to prove myself. I want to thank the fans for supporting me. And most of all I want to thank the Lord Baby Jesus for inspiring me every day of my life.

Kenwyne Jones on becoming the Premiership's top scorer 2014/15.

"I didn't want to take that penalty, but we were 7-0 up and Bainsy insisted. So I stepped up and slotted it. I feel a bit silly really, but it was nice that the fans reacted the way they did. I'm glad I could end my career on a moment like that"
Tony Hibbert, last day of this season hopefully ;)

"Honest, ref, I dived on that play. Please don't award us a penalty as I've tarnished the game enough as it is."
Steve Gerrard/Luis Suarez/Ashley Young (circle as appropriate)

'I've bought out my contract and I am moving to Everton on a free. I feel it is my duty to mentor Gerard (Deulofeu) and work with Roberto as he takes the team into the Champions League'
Lionel Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.