2017/18 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought him and Williams were awful on the ball and even refusing to show when we were in possession, caused us a lot of problems imo.

Evans has won leagues and cups. What has Jagielka achieved?

He's never been anything exceptional. Good player, but let's not go overrating him.

Sir Alex Ferguson has put his faith in Evans, and now Pep Guardiola is about to.

Phil Neville won more League Titles than Gerrard.

Jags has played for a club thats won nothing, im sure thats his fault, the last 22 years, all Jags.

Phil Neville won more League Titles than Gerrard.

Jags has played for a club thats won nothing, im sure thats his fault, the last 22 years, all Jags.
Johnny Evans actually contributed to the success, not just as some sub.

He has been at the club for almost half of them years. He's played his role in the lack of success.

First teamer at Everton for a decade. Captain of this football club.

I wouldn't too. Evans was a sub at Man U.
Evans started in and won two cup finals for United.

He also started many games as CB in title winning seasons.

What's Jagielka done?

He's a good defender, but to suggest he is better than Johnny Evans, isn't right, imo.

If you take the blue tinted glasses off, Jagielka is just the normal good defender, nothing exceptional, like Shawcross, etc.

Evans started in and won two cup finals for United.

He also started many games as CB in title winning seasons.

What's Jagielka done?

He's a good defender, but to suggest he is better than Johnny Evans, isn't right, imo.

If you take the blue tinted glasses off, Jagielka is just the normal good defender, nothing exceptional, like Shawcross, etc.
And Shawcross has how many caps? To suggest Phil Jagielka has been anything but a top, reliable defender when at the peak of his career, is quite baffling to me.

And Shawcross has how many caps? To suggest Phil Jagielka has been anything but a top, reliable defender when at the peak of his career, is quite baffling to me.
I don't think bringing up Jagielka's England career supports the arguement that he is in anyway a cut above Johnny Evans.

Jagielka was at fault many times for England and seemed to be continually ridiculed.

I haven't said he wasn't a good player. I'm just taking exception that he is head and shoulders above other good defenders who have achieved more.

Hardly a shocking point to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.