2017/18 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
before he did his knee and had pace Jagielka was one of the best in the league, when he was alongside Lescott that season,

hes long past them levels, but he was that good for a period
Jagielka has always been prone to game-changing errors, even before that injury. That is what separates him from the best.

The Aston Villa pass to Ashley Young still hurts.

Jagielka has always been prone to game-changing errors, even before that injury. That is what separates him from the best.

The Aston Villa pass to Ashley Young still hurts.

oh jesus yeah you've just brought back an image I had locked away somewhere dark

what I mean was, he often made a mistake but his pace saw him get back and get a last ditch tackle in, which made it look better than if he had just not got beaten with the ball to begin with

oh jesus yeah you've just brought back an image I had locked away somewhere dark

what I mean was, he often made a mistake but his pace saw him get back and get a last ditch tackle in, which made it look better than if he had just not got beaten with the ball to begin with
I know what you mean, mate.

I think people may have gotten the wrong impression. I think Jagielka has been a good player for us, but I bet fans of other clubs feel their defenders have been as good/if not better than him.

Imo, Johnny Evans cannot just be instantly dismissed as not as good as Jagielka. That's all.

The old dog still has some legs in him.

I thought last season he was on the decline and we'd have a potential Distin situation on our hands but he's proved me wrong so far.

Still reckon we need more centre half cover though, we can't be relying on him and Williams all season to partner Keane

Bit disappointed with his pre-match comments "backs to the wall".Bit to old Everton for me. when he should be saying,we are a far better team and will be looking to finish the tie early.

Him and Williams all over the shop today...

Great bench options but we need a star partner for keane.

Status
Not open for further replies.