Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
I really haven't got a clue. I feel like we need stability, the squad is a Frankenstein's monster of players, because we have had so many managers, trying to play different "styles" and we still have too many players who are on good money and either cant play (crocked) or wont play because the manager doesn't like them.

I can understand people wanting Potter. But how many players would fit his style? what if any money can we spend in the summer? If we sell Brathwaite and Onana and we have Gomes and Dele off the wage bill? Is it enough to reshape the squad?

We still need a RB and RW (which we have needed for seasons) we need a CAM or SS and that's before you even get to upgrading the players who are not good enough and replace those 4 who are probably leaving.
He changed how Brighton played with virtually the same squad, I’m not saying we have world beating Technical footballers. But is this group only good enough for 20% at home to Villa or 30% away at Fulham. And plenty of other examples over the season.

These players are good enough to play more football.

Twitter (I know), seems to be making eyes at the WBA manager
Be interesting to see what happens end of season, he walked from Huddersfield because they wouldn't supply funds after they failed in play offs, Even though West Brom got the new Chairman he won't be able to pump money in and Everton won't be able to either which will put a few potential Managers off.

I honestly don't get how we have been so so so so so so so so so bad at hiring managers since Moyes. Martinez? Ehhh...I get it but it was a bad move. Koeman? It literally ripped up everything positive that Martinez had implemented. Silva was in wayyyy over his head, Carlo is a fantastic manager but we were just GOD awful with the worst midfield I've ever seen, Benitez is a FSW, Lampard had good ideas but was a horrible manager.

SURELY we should have stumbled on to SOMETHING positive by accident by now, no?
Martinez Ripped up everything Positive Martinez had implemented!

Silva was in wayyyy over his head - more unlucky i think, should have got he CB he wanted, Gbamin injury really set us back and no replacement for Lukaku didnt help. We actually looked like we was heading in the right direction again under him.

He changed how Brighton played with virtually the same squad, I’m not saying we have world beating Technical footballers. But is this group only good enough for 20% at home to Villa or 30% away at Fulham. And plenty of other examples over the season.

These players are good enough to play more football.
Their performaces under various previous managers would suggest otherwise. New manager = rinse and repeat. New owners and some stability is more important than this manager merrygoround.

At this point i would happily take Moyes back for a 3 seasons. Get him to steady the ship, his eye for Championship / low cost talent could be vital now.
I agree, but i think that ship has sailed. I feel he would also get no time, fans would be on his back immediately.

Thomas Frank is the only one on that list i'd consider.

If we're going cheap but creative (with risk attached), Davide Ancelotti.

Their performaces under various previous managers would suggest otherwise. New manager = rinse and repeat. New owners and some stability is more important than this manager merrygoround.
Young, gana, Harrison, Beto, Chermiti been here 8 months. Branthwaite first season in the team. Tarkowski, garner, Onana, McNeil been here 20 months. That’s half of our squad. 8/9 first team regulars have mainly played under dyche.
Only Pickford, Coleman, DCL and doucoure have played under a lot of different Everton managers

Be interesting to see what happens end of season, he walked from Huddersfield because they wouldn't supply funds after they failed in play offs, Even though West Brom got the new Chairman he won't be able to pump money in and Everton won't be able to either which will put a few potential Managers off.
We need a 3/4 yr project, and that can’t be dyche. Thelwell wanted Coreberan not to say he wouldn’t get sacked if there was no sign of progress. But Everton is totally different to west Brom and Huddersfield.