Oh well, thats that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent second half revival. Birmingham are like Everton were when Moyes took over. Well organised. I thought we might have learned something from the game in December but obviously not.

And Moyes substitues were poor. I'd have kept Louis on as he was getting in good positions. I'm not sure that throwing Fellaini further up the park didn't disrupt us.

Decent second half revival. Birmingham are like Everton were when Moyes took over. Well organised. I thought we might have learned something from the game in December but obviously not.

And Moyes substitues were poor. I'd have kept Louis on as he was getting in good positions. I'm not sure that throwing Fellaini further up the park didn't disrupt us.

At that point we were pumping it forward. He wins every header so might as well.

He should have done better when he had that shot straight at Hart. If he'd hit it further to the left...

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

Why do we persist with Tim Cahill? (been fantastic but time to cash in and get rid IMO)

Because Moyes probably shares the same view as some on here that because Cahill used to be great for us he still deserves to play no matter how poorly just incase he becomes great again. Not bad reasoning but he has been more of a hinderance than a help this season and taking him off sometimes or dropping him isn't a crime that means he needs to be sold.

Don't think it did, he won several good headers which we were unlucky didn't lead to anything and he had our best chance. Don't midn him being pushed up front when we are chasing something and gonna lump it up.

At that point we were pumping it forward. He wins every header so might as well.

He should have done better when he had that shot straight at Hart. If he'd hit it further to the left...

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

It was asking a lot of Arteta to slot in there today and pull the strings. In fact, I think Moyes had him on the right at first then sent him infield as we panicked a bit and went back to lumping it last 15 minutes.

Confusing substitutions, for me at least.

Moyes didnt know what to do really.

Puts Ossie on for Bily. Fair play, we come back.

But he subs Saha off who was getting into the game. Leaves Cahill on who did nothing all day.

Subs Donovan (the only pace in the team and never really used him) and puts Arteta on.......the right wing.

Then when that's not working, put Fellaini in Cahill's position (good move), Cahill into Fellaini's positon (where he almost gave a peno away) with Ossie. Arteta wasnt seeing the ball so put Ossie on the right, taking him completely out of the game (being he went missing when that happened), and had Cahill and Arteta in the middle....

While we should've buried the chances we had. Untill we score that 2nd goal, we should've had 2 strikers on the pitch.

But with all these players available, he messes up the right hand side by taking Landon off leaving 2 players on the pitch who arent as effective on the wing....

Strange IMO. I am gutted.

Moyes didnt know what to do really.

Puts Ossie on for Bily. Fair play, we come back.

Oh yeah, deffo. I agree there. I should have been more clear - second half subs i meant.

But he subs Saha off who was getting into the game. Leaves Cahill on who did nothing all day.

Subs Donovan (the only pace in the team and never really used him) and puts Arteta on.......the right wing.

Then when that's not working, put Fellaini in Cahill's position (good move), Cahill into Fellaini's positon (where he almost gave a peno away) with Ossie. Arteta wasnt seeing the ball so put Ossie on the right, taking him completely out of the game (being he went missing when that happened), and had Cahill and Arteta in the middle....

While we should've buried the chances we had. Untill we score that 2nd goal, we should've had 2 strikers on the pitch.

But with all these players available, he messes up the right hand side by taking Landon off leaving 2 players on the pitch who arent as effective on the wing....

Strange IMO. I am gutted.

Agreed. I thought it was a bit of a dog breakfast in the end. Last 15 minutes should have been all about turning the screw and probing their defence - getting Pienaar on the ball and threading passes. Disappointed it went very scruffy in the end.

Because Moyes probably shares the same view as some on here that because Cahill used to be great for us he still deserves to play no matter how poorly just incase he becomes great again. Not bad reasoning but he has been more of a hinderance than a help this season and taking him off sometimes or dropping him isn't a crime that means he needs to be sold./QUOTE]

Just stick him on the bench then and use him in the 2nd half when we need him to produce because so far he's faded out of games, fluffed chances he used to bury, and doesnt get into the positions he got into last season.

He was improving the past few weeks, but today he just went back to his poor form. Maybe he and Saha dont play well together. But Moyes should see it and do something. He's got options now.

I was listening to some individual before I came out on Five Live, and they went to Goodison and said we were playing terrible, it was 2-0 when I left, I hoped it would change, didn't do enough, still feeling angry about it, will get over it in due course, but still seething.

Going to other sections of GOT to get away from this disappointment.

This was not Manchester City levels today. :mad:

We got ahead of ourselves after beating City. Seems we still have not learned to play both halves. We were p!ss poor first half at Hull and came out and played second half like we wanted to play. Today we wander around in the first half like a bunch of ghosts, not interested, only in the second half did we see some play. Not good enough. Such collective lapses in concentration and desire were supposed to have been eliminated so we could 'turn the corner'.

One step forward, two steps back. And throwing Arteta on after nearly 12 months out to save the game was somewhat bad taste. Still very nervy up front, with chances snatched at instead of cooly taken.

So, out of the cup, we can concentrate on the league and europa qualification now. I have absolutely zero idea why we have taken Senderos on loan, because I hope to high heavens that he is a bench warmer (Therefore making his reasons for a move undermined).

Time to move on and focus on the next game and hopefully playing all 90 minutes + injury time of it.

It was asking a lot of Arteta to slot in there today and pull the strings. In fact, I think Moyes had him on the right at first then sent him infield as we panicked a bit and went back to lumping it last 15 minutes.

Confusing substitutions, for me at least.

I do agree. I was talking about him pushing Fellaini forwards.

Cahill should have come off for Arteta in all honesty.

We got ahead of ourselves after beating City. Seems we still have not learned to play both halves. We were p!ss poor first half at Hull and came out and played second half like we wanted to play. Today we wander around in the first half like a bunch of ghosts, not interested, only in the second half did we see some play. Not good enough. Such collective lapses in concentration and desire were supposed to have been eliminated so we could 'turn the corner'.

We're a very reactive team by and large. OK, we forced the pace against Liverpool and City, but they usually need a bomb up their arses to get themselves sorted out.

One step forward, two steps back. And throwing Arteta on after nearly 12 months out to save the game was somewhat bad taste. Still very nervy up front, with chances snatched at instead of cooly taken.

So, out of the cup, we can concentrate on the league and europa qualification now. I have absolutely zero idea why we have taken Senderos on loan, because I hope to high heavens that he is a bench warmer (Therefore making his reasons for a move undermined).

Time to move on and focus on the next game and hopefully playing all 90 minutes + injury time of it.

He better play over Distin. Dont think Senderos hoofs and panics as much as him.

The biggest problem with cahill is that he's playing like a center forward target man, too static. It will never work for him. He no longer sneak in from deep which is hardest for defender to track. That's how he score most of his goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.