Now Big Joe Royle's Coming Back For More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan Disordely

Player Valuation: £35m
Joe Royle has been offered the chance to return to Everton and join Roberto Martinez’s backroom team.

Martinez wants to appoint a development director to liaise with the club’s loan players and monitor their progress and Royle is his first choice.

The club are speaking to the former Manchester City and Oldham manager, who was the last Blues boss to lift a trophy with the FA Cup in 1995, and hope he will agree to take up the new role.

Royle, 65, who was top scorer in Everton’s 1970 title-winning side, remains popular on his native Merseyside and his return to Goodison would be welcomed by fans.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...t-everton-return-3429391#.U1FXTWfh1Jc.twitter

Always surprised me that Joe hasn't been involved in some way behind the scenes. Would be good to have him back in some capacity.

Great to see Martinez reach out to him as well (if the story's true mind) shows that he definitley gets our club.

Just realized I should have called the thread "Now Big Joe Royle's Coming Back For More"

Yeah I love Big Joe too. He posts some great blogs on his twitter, loads about Everton.

Last edited:

Amazing to think what he achieved at a tiny club like Oldham, really was a terrific manager for a while, was a mistake when he was forced out of Everton.

RM is making all Evertonians pround - allowing Duncan Ferguson to join his backroom staff, now trying to get Joe Royal. Just amazing how he is adding true Evertonians to his team.

Still my favourite Everton great. I have met him a few times and he always makes time for every single fan. I remember an event he did where he stayed back hours after all the other guests to make sure each fan got a photo/autograph and a chance to chat with him. The more people like Big Joe we have working for the club the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.