Non-UK Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many on here support local teams as well as Everton. Would you consider Everton to be your first love or are the toffees your "other" team?

Everton are my Number 1 team. I'm a bulldogs fan in the Rugby League and a Wanderers fan in the A League, but I'm Everton through and through. Sipping tea out of an Everton mug as I type, with an Everton wallpaper on my laptop and a squad photo on my cubicle wall.

hahaha nice work @TheNiz....

i haven't really picked teams for Aussie Sports,

Rugby League - Tied between Melbourne Storm and the Cowboys.... ( my friend Billy Slater plays for Storm and the Latter due to my current location)

AFL - West Coast Eagles due to it was where i first emmigrated to and I ended up playing a season of Australian Rules whilst out there

A-League - when it was the NSL i supported Wollongong due to the relationship with Everton...however Perth Glory are my team again due to when i first emigrated here, i was considering changing to the fury until they signed Robbie Fowler which ensured i wouldn't support them...then he ****ing came over to us so i stopped watching for a year...now he's ****ed off to thailand im happy again lol

Lebanese, no connections and never been in UK

I hate "glory hunters" and around here, 99% support the teams that won things in the last decade, it was around between 2000 and 2004 that i became interested in the premier league, with cable tvs showing the games and internet to follow news and forums, i used to watch the games but never felt a thing toward a specific team, i also refused to support the big teams i also didn't feel anything special about any of them, I decided to pick a team that has the potential to be champions one day, a team that currently not a top team but has all the ingredients to be a top team, a team with history and won things in the past, has a good supporters base, ect.ect.ect.

So i ended up reading about the teams on the internet and there was only one choice and was a very easy choice, i remember that Rooney goal against Arsenal very well, one of the earliest memories, it made me feel proud, something like "I made the right choice".

By 2004-2005 i was already a die hard blue, never looked back since then

It's almost 10 years, next target: watch a game live at Goodison

Nice Jay.

Do you live in Lebanon? I'm Lebanese background Born in Australia. Nice to meet another Leb Blue!

hahaha nice work @TheNiz....

i haven't really picked teams for Aussie Sports,

Rugby League - Tied between Melbourne Storm and the Cowboys.... ( my friend Billy Slater plays for Storm and the Latter due to my current location)

AFL - West Coast Eagles due to it was where i first emmigrated to and I ended up playing a season of Australian Rules whilst out there

A-League - when it was the NSL i supported Wollongong due to the relationship with Everton...however Perth Glory are my team again due to when i first emigrated here, i was considering changing to the fury until they signed Robbie Fowler which ensured i wouldn't support them...then he ****ing came over to us so i stopped watching for a year...now he's ****ed off to thailand im happy again lol

Nice one mate. Didn't really follow the A-League until the Wanderers came about, and thats mostly due to me living walking distance from their stadium!

Many on here support local teams as well as Everton. Would you consider Everton to be your first love or are the toffees your "other" team?

Besides the US National team, I have never been partial to any team. So unless my home town ever gets a team, Everton will be it

My grandad started taking me to Goodison when I was about seven. We were in the old second division but I didn't know the difference then.
As I grew I started going by myself - in the boys pen with Bill - and later in the 2 bobs in the Gwladys.
The family came to Australia when I was 15 in late 1960, and leaving Everton behind broke my heart. I never lost my passion, but we could only get the results on the wireless on Sunday evening and Monday mornings paper.
We started getting a weekly highlights show, I forget when but Brian Moore hosted it.
I got married in May 1970 and we honeymooned in Britain - until late Sep't 1971. I followed Everton all over - my wife wasn't impressed. I found out about the BBC World Service and spent the next 25 years following Everton on the radio in the middle of the night.
Direct live TV coverage changed all that in about 1997.
I've been back on longish holidays in 2000 and 2006 - last time at Goodison was 2-1 V Watford in Andy Johnson's first match.
We'll be in England again next August, this time with my gloryhunting Red brother in-law and we're going to Goodison Park.
He's never been out of Australia before, never mind to Liverpool, and if he wants to go and see them, he can make the arrangements. Our wives will go shopping down town while we're at the match.

This is one question I've been thinking of recently and I have to say Everton are my number one team over everyone else. I feel kinda guilty but honestly Everton has the ability to make/break my day. No other team does that, even the one's whose games I go to on a regular basis. Crazy how a team so far away can have such an impact.

American, by birth, with a scouse heart...20 years a bluenose this season; it's gone by fast. Hope to see some league titles before I'm dust. Thank you and goodnight. All ye mars, FFS. MEFFS4EVER

'Merican here, from Virginia. My father and grandfather were both blues so I was brought up in the life. Never known another club, or felt the need to look elsewhere. Still a cash-strapped college senior though so I haven't made my pilgrimage to Goodison yet but I intend to in the near future. Born not manufactured, COYB!

What a great thread! Wonderful reading everyone's individual stories. There are indeed "many paths to the waterfall" it seems.

I began to follow Everton during Donovan's first loan spell and have been hooked on Everton ever since, largely due to Cahill (oh how I miss you having your way with corner flags my brother), Baines and the legend that is Hibbert!

Sadly, I've never been to the UK. My first live match was Everton v. Juventus this pre-season in San Francisco. What a magic night it was. I'd bought last year's kit so I wouldn't have to wear that wank new crest and ironed on a few "extra" letters which then read "When Hibbert scores we riot!!" It was beautiful to walk around the stadium drinking Guinness and catching the eyes of fellow Evertonians and sharing a laugh or two.

I'm originally from Fresno, CA and grew up playing proper football (right back and center back) in the 1970s and 1980s back when we were coached by parents who'd barely heard of the game. I played all the usual American sports but I only really liked footy.

In those stone age days, before the internet, live streams and cable TV, the only decent soccer we could watch was the old TV highlights show "Soccer Made in Germany" which came on PBS on the weekends.

Following Everton has rekindled my love for the beautiful game and my weeks now consist of waiting ever more impatiently for Chico's marvelous match threads, Everton fixtures and dreams of passing the love of my adopted club to my grandsons!

What a great thread! Wonderful reading everyone's individual stories. There are indeed "many paths to the waterfall" it seems.

I began to follow Everton during Donovan's first loan spell and have been hooked on Everton ever since, largely due to Cahill (oh how I miss you having your way with corner flags my brother), Baines and the legend that is Hibbert!

Sadly, I've never been to the UK. My first live match was Everton v. Juventus this pre-season in San Francisco. What a magic night it was. I'd bought last year's kit so I wouldn't have to wear that wank new crest and ironed on a few "extra" letters which then read "When Hibbert scores we riot!!" It was beautiful to walk around the stadium drinking Guinness and catching the eyes of fellow Evertonians and sharing a laugh or two.

I'm originally from Fresno, CA and grew up playing proper football (right back and center back) in the 1970s and 1980s back when we were coached by parents who'd barely heard of the game. I played all the usual American sports but I only really liked footy.

In those stone age days, before the internet, live streams and cable TV, the only decent soccer we could watch was the old TV highlights show "Soccer Made in Germany" which came on PBS on the weekends.

Following Everton has rekindled my love for the beautiful game and my weeks now consist of waiting ever more impatiently for Chico's marvelous match threads, Everton fixtures and dreams of passing the love of my adopted club to my grandsons!

Good post mate, I was at the Real Madrid game in L.A, gutted I missed the Juve game and Stones' pen

Status
Not open for further replies.