Non-UK Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I, although their owner has back stabbed our city more times then I can count. We do have a beautiful new stadium, with a minor league team filling it.

More a Fins & Canes man myself, visit every year to watch a few games. Nothing quite like suporting the blues though, buy a season ticket every year then wonder why. Realise that it's a calling, it wouldn't be fun if it was easy.

Irish here, from a small town where the only football I saw on TV in the 80s was pretty much English league. Merseyside was the powerhouse back then and I think my young self picked Everton as they were blue. Not that I remember a great deal of that period...which is a pity as it was our best.

Live in Barcelona now and see pretty much every game online, and there is even an Everton bar out here and another bar I go to where the barman is a scouse blue. Didn't know many people when I got here and it was great dropping in for a beer and a chat with another toffee.

Have been to a few games, but not been to Goodison since we lost 1-0 to Spurs...not sure what year. Dunc was still playing. Thankfully my next game after that was an away win at Spurs with a deflected Pienaar winner. The away support is amazing. Last game I saw was the Wembley semi final win over United. Was actually sitting in the United end, as I got a freebie. Was told to keep the jersey covered up but that and my quietness only lasted until extra time. Was a great moment to be jumping up and down on my seat as all the manc fans streamed out after Jags peno. In fairness got no abuse, and it turned out two quiet lads in front of me were toffees too! Got the ticket through the head scout for United at the time...not sure if he still is now....but dont know if anybody realised he is a die hard toffee and also best mates with our ex boss.

Anyway...love this club. I'm also a Barca supporter for the guts of 20 years and now have a season ticket for the first time, but doesn't come close to my passion for Everton. Will be at the Chelsea game in the back of the Lower Gladys for my first game in years, and coming with my two younger brothers who have never been before. Can't bloody wait.

COYB!

Sounds like you've had an interesting life mate. Good stuff. Do the lads sat by you at the camp nou know your an evertonian? Any discussions withe them about us, especially now we have the kid on loan?

Danish Evertonian - Won an Everton scarf at a penalty shootout when i was 4 years old, now im 42 and still a die hard blue.
Been to Goodison around 20 times and i was at Nurnberg, Alkmaar and Liege.
My first game was at Old Trafford in 1985 or 86 i think. We came second that season but won it the next year ;)
My son is also an Evertonian and have been at Goodison 12-13 times. He love the Toffees besides all of hes friends are Chelsea, Man U or ****e fans, its a bit tough for him but hes holding strong and hardly ever miss a game.

NSNO from Denmark

Top Draw that mate!! Who are your Danish team?

What led you to being a Toffee specifically?

Any Aussie football lover that I've met personally has unfortunately been a kopite. And I mean every single one!

Trust me mate, there are a few of is Aussie Rules supporters that love the blues down here. Some of us convicts have seen the light ;)

Been a few testing times over the years. We get every EPL game live here... The draw back is that every game is either on at midnight or 2am. So there is a heap of baggy eyes on a Sunday morning.

You have imagine how frustrating it was to watch us play hoof ball at 3am on a Sunday morning!

Anyway on the red ****e.... They had a tour game out here against Melbourne Victory (a team who is a crosstown rival to the team I support, Melbourne Heart). 100,000 people rocked up at our biggest stadium, the MCG.

Never walk alone came on and all you could hear was something like:
"Hdhdbs Edffeee ddhhssessdf shshsrszaaww AND YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE... Ddhhssessdf heehhehehshshs ahahahHehszn"

Moral of the story? Most of the red pricks here wouldn't know a liverpool player if they passed them in the street.

On a side not for those wondering
Melbourne Victory: Large drawing club, lots of success, star players - like a Man U or Man C in Aussie terms.
Melbourne Heart: Like everton. Small family club. Small budget. But we are only new in the league.

I'm from Texas. Really just started 'supporting' Everton in the last few years as tv coverage has evolved to the point that you can actually watch some meaningful games. Like the poster "obc" above, having had americans do some stints there certainly increased my awareness and I just couldn't hop on any Man U or Chelsea fanboy bandwagon....I thought the Liverpool/Everton realtionship seemed similar to the Texas/Texas A&M dynamic, and being a good Aggie I am, I was drawn here.

I'm from Texas. Really just started 'supporting' Everton in the last few years as tv coverage has evolved to the point that you can actually watch some meaningful games. Like the poster "obc" above, having had Americans do some stints there certainly increased my awareness and I just couldn't hop on any Man U or Chelsea fanboy bandwagon....I thought the Liverpool/Everton relationship seemed similar to the Texas/Texas A&M dynamic, and being a good Aggie I am, I was drawn here.

Aggie here as well!

Born in Wales, grew up in Northern Ireland, now resident on the Irish Riviera, can't remember a time when I wasn't a blue! Started watching on TV around 1980/81 when I was about 3 or 4according to my mother, pissed her off as she was a rs! Been in the lower Gladys once for a 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday in 199? Stood there hearing z-cars and it's a grand old team was better than sex and drugs! Keep hinting to the wife about bringing our son over but she says 3 is too young for that :-\

Australian Toffee, and like others, thanks to #17. The Blues are just like my AFL team Richmond, hard working, huge one eyed fan base that have tasted little success in the last 20-30 years. Although Richmond have made their first finals appearance in 12 years, starting this week! Hope Everton can go top 6 this year too for Europe!

Australian Toffee, and like others, thanks to #17. The Blues are just like my AFL team Richmond, hard working, huge one eyed fan base that have tasted little success in the last 20-30 years. Although Richmond have made their first finals appearance in 12 years, starting this week! Hope Everton can go top 6 this year too for Europe!

That's a pretty bloody good comparison actually, I'd never thought of that!

Im living between the Torres Strait Islands and Cairns, Australia have been out out here for almost 14 years... originally from Bootle...and as the saying go's i was born and evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.