No women's kit for the 2012/13 season, home OR away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brennan

Player Valuation: £90m
Very surprised by this to be honest. I was understanding of the initial order size when it came to not making a baby kit for the away shirt, but no women's option AT ALL for this season ?

Apparently there was a lady on Radio 4 earlier complaining about it, Nike won't be liking the PR that comes with this, regardless of their 'minimum order' business.

And what happened to getting women involved in football ? I've always seen a large number of women at Goodison, pretty big **** off to them.

Very surprised by this to be honest. I was understanding of the initial order size when it came to not making a baby kit for the away shirt, but no women's option AT ALL for this season ?

Apparently there was a lady on Radio 4 earlier complaining about it, Nike won't be liking the PR that comes with this, regardless of their 'minimum order' business.

And what happened to getting women involved in football ? I've always seen a large number of women at Goodison, pretty big **** off to them.

Is the men's shirt too big for you Brennan?

Just spoke to our Club Shop, apparently NIKE have no intention of issuing either a women's variation in the Home or Away kit this season, the operators suggestions was for me to buy my girlfriend a men's shirt in a 'smaller size'. When I inquired about what the women's team would be wearing, she was stumped and thought they would be wearing the men's kit too, unless NIKE made a 'specific' kit just for the women's team!

The notion that women wouldn't buy the kit ( especially the fitted tops) in Black this season is ridiculous and very short sighted on behalf of NIKE. When Everton issued the Pink tops for women along with the Royal Blue home shirt, they flew off the rails.

In this modern age of social networking and online polls..how hard would of been for NIKE to gauge the female perspective, along with the male for that matter and simply asked " Would you buy this kit for yourself or fellas would you by your female partner this ?" - If the outcome was an overwhelming NO, then make a limited run to appease the few. If not, this is blatant sexism and narrow mindedness on both Everton and NIKE's behalf.

They're not arsed about us. We're third division to them, they've got well bigger teams so they'll service them first mate.

We're more buzzing about having them than they are about us.

Just spoke to our Club Shop, apparently NIKE have no intention of issuing either a women's variation in the Home or Away kit this season, the operators suggestions was for me to buy my girlfriend a men's shirt in a 'smaller size'. When I inquired about what the women's team would be wearing, she was stumped and thought they would be wearing the men's kit too, unless NIKE made a 'specific' kit just for the women's team!

The notion that women wouldn't buy the kit ( especially the fitted tops) in Black this season is ridiculous and very short sighted on behalf of NIKE. When Everton issued the Pink tops for women along with the Royal Blue home shirt, they flew off the rails.

In this modern age of social networking and online polls..how hard would of been for NIKE to gauge the female perspective, along with the male for that matter and simply asked " Would you buy this kit for yourself or fellas would you by your female partner this ?" - If the outcome was an overwhelming NO, then make a limited run to appease the few. If not, this is blatant sexism and narrow mindedness on both Everton and NIKE's behalf.

They only sold 3000 or so women's kits last season, Nike's minimum order size is a far bit more than that in order to maintain profit margins. That's just the way most global companies work i'm afraid.

Implying it is sexism is utterly absurd, to be honest. It's all to do with sales figures and revenue, nothing to do with the fact that the lowest selling item just happens to be a women's kit. Or was it anti-infantism when they didnt make a baby away kit ? ;)

They only sold 3000 or so women's kits last season, Nike's minimum order size is a far bit more than that in order to maintain profit margins. That's just the way most global companies work i'm afraid.

Implying it is sexism is utterly absurd, to be honest. It's all to do with sales figures and revenue, nothing to do with the fact that the lowest selling item just happens to be a women's kit. Or was it anti-infantism when they didnt make a baby away kit ? ;)

Defo this. Don't see why women are arsed either they all wear boy clothes all the time and you're never gonna gonna look all girly and feminine in a footy shirt anyway, just buy the mens one ffs.

Seems like a regular whinge fest on here lately but its totally justified.

Its an utter disgrace IMO that Nike wont provide the female version of the kit because the figures wont add up or indeed EFC will challenge the fact.

What happens when the Baby kits dont start shifting enough units...they gonna jib them off too?

We're being dry bummed by Nike and enjoying it. Simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.