Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Would you take Jose for a year?

On the one hand...obviously, it's Mourinho. On the other hand, is it a 'statement of intent' to be a stop-gap for a year just while he waits for the job he really wants?
That tweet makes no sense whatsoever and is complete bollocks.

Tells you all you need to know about his motivational skills

I can see why people aren't swung, I'm not convinced either. He was very well thought of prior to the City job though. Think if prefer somebody a.bit younger and a bit more dynamic. We all want Jose deep down I guess, that would be a massive statement, not 100% sure he is right though either.

I can see why people aren't swung, I'm not convinced either. He was very well thought of prior to the City job though. Think if prefer somebody a.bit younger and a bit more dynamic. We all want Jose deep down I guess, that would be a massive statement, not 100% sure he is right though either.

Nope not me. I want the other guy in the UCL final or the guy that might get to his 3rd Europa final. Of course, it might only be in my dreams though. The only experience Mourinho has that I consider relevant was at Leiria, and that was 15 years ago.

You don't consider the opposition had any say in this lid?

I know what you mean...it is Real Madrid. But there's clear differences between a team being outclassed, and a team not turning up (although it was a little bit of both).

Edit: I'm on the fence about Pellegrini, I'm not bashing him. But I was flabbergasted at how little fight that team had for a CL semi.

The more I think about it, the less I am enthused about Mr Pellegrini. Anyone else feel the same?
Ten years ago maybe, but I just don't think he is the man to rebuild us.

I was never enthused by him. A well known name, sure, but there is very little of the rags to riches story which would suit our current circumstance. At first I was intrigued slightly by his time at Malaga and Villarreal but once I read the transfers made, completely put off. Of course, today is just confirmation of what I thought of him...Just another good enough manager to have landed a few championship team jobs.

We need someone fiery, can motivate or inspire fear and respect in the team. We have a bunch of very talented young kids who are spoilt by Martinez. Only tough love can bring them back to their best.

And Ronald de Boer, who is a coach under the former defender at the Dutch club, claims his younger brother is waiting for the right time to join a Premier League side.

“Frank has already denied Liverpool and Tottenham,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “Tottenham wanted to take him in January, but Frank said no.

“He also said no to Liverpool last year. He thought he was still not ready and wanted to learn more.

“Now he’s ready though. We’ll have to wait and see [what offers he gets]. It’s important for Frank to get the right club otherwise he won’t leave Ajax. He’s very happy there.”

http://talksport.com/football/exclu...d-tottenham-claims-brother-ronald-14030582258 March 2014

And Ronald de Boer, who is a coach under the former defender at the Dutch club, claims his younger brother is waiting for the right time to join a Premier League side.

“Frank has already denied Liverpool and Tottenham,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “Tottenham wanted to take him in January, but Frank said no.

“He also said no to Liverpool last year. He thought he was still not ready and wanted to learn more.

“Now he’s ready though. We’ll have to wait and see [what offers he gets]. It’s important for Frank to get the right club otherwise he won’t leave Ajax. He’s very happy there.”

http://talksport.com/football/exclu...d-tottenham-claims-brother-ronald-14030582258 March 2014
I would think that he is one we are courting definitely. And possibly the one Mr @The Esk was teasing us about earlier...and what assistants he would bring with him.

I would think that he is one we are courting definitely. And possibly the one Mr @The Esk was teasing us about earlier...and what assistants he would bring with him.

I hope its a package deal, get Frank and his whole crew here. Hopefully sneak some inspiring youth product out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.