• Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone putting the allardyce potential recruitment down however

1. We spent over 200 million and ended up without an attack or defence

2. We bought 4 players for the one position

3. Atalanta last win was against us, didn't need to leave second gear to put 5 past us

4. Southampton put 4 past us, 25% of their total goals came yesterday

5. We have bought exactly 0 centre forward with our money and the best we have came from league one or we have tried to sell 3 times already

6. 3 of our 4 first choice defenders are over the age of 30. We have bought exactly 2 defenders in 18 months.

7. We are into our 6th week without a manager and results have not improved as well as going out of 2 competitions

8. Our owner sees games as expected losses so therefore it's fine to lose them

9. We have only one player who has shown any sort of passion this season, again the same one we have tried to sell many times.

10. We are arguably the worst performing team in the league and concede 2 goals minimum a game

But we should be aiming higher eh? As far as I am concerned right now we deserve to be going down, there isn't much difference between us and villa/qpr/Blackburn/Sunderland previous to us. We may be building a new stadium and getting all this sponsorships but we have spent a massive amount of money, bought largely the wrong players or the wrong positions and we pay someone to officially be in charge of it all despite not sacking him as well. How are we different to venkys or villa?

Now tell me we should be aiming higher? Don't get me wrong appointing allardyce is a low point for the club. But it's the club that have engineered themselves into this position. We shouldn't be questioning bringing in the man who will save us, we should be doing more than just question the board right now. But we never do, we will all accept it and forget all about it just like having no money for 2 years.

Well sorry to disillusion ( is that a word?) you mate, but in my opinion, as a supporter of 60+ years I don't think we've ever been much different to any other club in that resect. FWIW I think Allardyce would be good for us in the short term, and may sort out the issues. Purely my opinion though!
Doubt it will be short term. Also, remember he'll want to bring his mates which will cost us a fortune. There's no way he'll accept a short contract for all of them.

Benfica supporter here.
Just found out that our coach, Rui Vitória, also known as "The Greatest", is an option to train Everton.

Please leave him alone, we want him here up ´till the next millennium, he´s the best Portuguese coach ever, although still unknown for many, a hidden and deep secret I would say.
If you want a Portuguese coach, get Marco Silva, Jorge Jesus, Sérgio Conceição, or perhaps Carlos Azenha, maybe the best of them all, but do not come for "The Greatest" please.

Thank you.

But it doesn't leave those three. It really doesn't.

We appointed outside the league with Moyes and it worked. Hull appointed Silva and he nearly saved a dreadful squad that barely had enough senior players, let alone enough quality.

It's short term greed and desperation to go down this route. Total madness.

I understand where you are coming from and up to this week I would have been totally in your corner, I have seen some bad Everton teams in my life but this is the worst, not from player standard just strength, discipline, speed and backbone. It is always a risk with a new manager and who knows maybe even someone who does this regularly like Sam can't save us. (qpr had an expensive 'mercenary' squad and they went down)

If we get a unkown manager say to this league he will bring in lots of players from europe no doubt that will need to adapt, to me it is too risky. Least Sam's buys will be cheap and perform a function. Whoever gets the job though needs to be backed from both board and fans. (for now)

I’ve seen some depressing stuff supporting Everton over the years, but the start of this season and this will be a new low.

And there you have it lads.

Sod your morals, your standards, we just MUST stay at the greedy end of the table.

What does it matter?
Beggars can't be choosers, and right now we're beggars. If you're happy to have us continue playing the way we are then good luck to you. I've been an Evertonian for 54 years and I've never felt so sad and dejected as I have this last week.

I've listened a lot to Sam when he's been a guest presenter on talk sport and, quite frankly, I like him and like what he says about the game. I take all the media stuff about bungs and the like with a bucket of salt. If he kicks a few arses, pushes us back up the table and gets us out of this slough of despond then I for one will be happy.

Last edited:
For anyone putting the allardyce potential recruitment down however

1. We spent over 200 million and ended up without an attack or defence

2. We bought 4 players for the one position

3. Atalanta last win was against us, didn't need to leave second gear to put 5 past us

4. Southampton put 4 past us, 25% of their total goals came yesterday

5. We have bought exactly 0 centre forward with our money and the best we have came from league one or we have tried to sell 3 times already

6. 3 of our 4 first choice defenders are over the age of 30. We have bought exactly 2 defenders in 18 months.

7. We are into our 6th week without a manager and results have not improved as well as going out of 2 competitions

8. Our owner sees games as expected losses so therefore it's fine to lose them

9. We have only one player who has shown any sort of passion this season, again the same one we have tried to sell many times.

10. We are arguably the worst performing team in the league and concede 2 goals minimum a game

But we should be aiming higher eh? As far as I am concerned right now we deserve to be going down, there isn't much difference between us and villa/qpr/Blackburn/Sunderland previous to us. We may be building a new stadium and getting all this sponsorships but we have spent a massive amount of money, bought largely the wrong players or the wrong positions and we pay someone to officially be in charge of it all despite not sacking him as well. How are we different to venkys or villa?

Now tell me we should be aiming higher? Don't get me wrong appointing allardyce is a low point for the club. But it's the club that have engineered themselves into this position. We shouldn't be questioning bringing in the man who will save us, we should be doing more than just question the board right now. But we never do, we will all accept it and forget all about it just like having no money for 2 years.

Not sure what everyone's problem is with Big SAM - we are in big trouble and we need him (he does not need us). We will go down and there are not a lot of manager out there that will not take the job as things stand. We will lose on Wednesday and be in the bottom three.

Give Sam a 2 years contract (then he can be sacked) - just need him to save us from going down.

I understand where you are coming from and up to this week I would have been totally in your corner, I have seen some bad Everton teams in my life but this is the worst, not from player standard just strength, discipline, speed and backbone. It is always a risk with a new manager and who knows maybe even someone who does this regularly like Sam can't save us. (qpr had an expensive 'mercenary' squad and they went down)

If we get a unkown manager say to this league he will bring in lots of players from europe no doubt that will need to adapt, to me it is too risky. Least Sam's buys will be cheap and perform a function. Whoever gets the job though needs to be backed from both board and fans. (for now)

Sam's buys are cheap???

Someone else do the Andy Carroll / Sakho / Diame and their mega contracts, I genuinely can't be arsed.

I won't be backing an Everton side that appoints Allardyce. I'd barely recognise it as the club I support. Terrible fan me etc etc but I d like to think we hadnt allowed ourselves to give over entirely to the game's most corrupt.

Benfica supporter here.
Just found out that our coach, Rui Vitória, also known as "The Greatest", is an option to train Everton.

Please leave him alone, we want him here up ´till the next millennium, he´s the best Portuguese coach ever, although still unknown for many, a hidden and deep secret I would say.
If you want a Portuguese coach, get Marco Silva, Jorge Jesus, Sérgio Conceição, or perhaps Carlos Azenha, maybe the best of them all, but do not come for "The Greatest" please.

Thank you.

You been on the ket mate

The is a limit to what any manager can do before the window opens... what we need until then is... someone who can organise a team, tighten up the defence and inspire the players and supporters. Sam might do the first two but i believe rightly or wrongly many of our players will feel it is beneath them playing for a fire-fighter manager like Sam. I also think this will be a deeply unpopular appointment with supporters and will badly damage the atmosphere at Goodison. Even a middle of the road appointment would have generated a bear-pit on Wednesday... now it will be toxic. Can you imagine what will happen if we fall behind... those running the club might be lynched. This is a disaster for our club. I'm OUT!

Benfica supporter here.

Thank you.

Don’t worry, I think your managers safe.

Big Sam? BIG SAM? BIG SHAM more like it !!!!!

Words almost escape me. How any Blue could want this toxic avenger here is amazing. If you asked any Red S***e supporter who they would suggest as an Everton manager they would probably say someone like Allardyce, or O'Niell, because that would give them plenty of ammunition to have a right go at us.

It's not his dodgyness so much It's this falsehood that he is some sort of saviour.

FACT. Allardyce has the WORST premiership win percentage of any current premiership manager (34%). So we literally couldn't be going for a worse candidate. (I haven't included Rhino because he has not been in charge for 10 games).

In the past you could always rely on a couple of the promoted teams dropping right back down into the championship. However because of all the new TV money invested the quality of the promoted sides has improved so much this season. Therefore there are no cast adrift sides at the bottom of the league any more so those of you who think Allardyce is a guarantee of survival may be sorely mistaken.

This appointment, if it happens will be a catastrophic mistake !!!

Benfica supporter here.

Thank you.
Sounds better than Fat Sam. I'll take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.