Next 4 League games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we do "soak up pressure." I'm never more nervous than when we are sitting back. I just don't think our back four have got the kind of confidence to do that without making mistakes. Some kind of attack or at least possession will be our best form of defense. Can we do this without a high line or having Baines and Coleman well into their half. I don't know. Just want this game behind us.

Short of wedging Moutsgoat into the frame of the goals, I can't see us conceding any less than 20 in the next 4 games. Shane Duffy was the answer, but he's coincidentally gone right at the moment he became vital to us.

I agree he is a young man and a lot of the 28m is because of his age, but does anyone see an improvement in his play from his west brom days through to last year with us and a world cup under his belt. The people who have worked with him from a young age all admit he is seriously lacking in hold up /close control and for me nothing is sticking with him, he just spends the game telling people where they should have put the ball to him. For me he is one of our more out of form players and we should be choosing naisey or eto in front of him.
You can't call a striker who has scored in his last two league games out of form and also had assists.

He's not a hold up target man yet although he looks like he should be. He's a finisher. Plus his touch has got a lot better from last season and isn't actually that bad given his size.

Naismith when played by himself is totally anonymous. Seriously what is done is done lets get behind him like we do Ross as its not like he's the finished article either.

You can't call a striker who has scored in his last two league games out of form and also had assists.

He's not a hold up target man yet although he looks like he should be. He's a finisher. Plus his touch has got a lot better from last season and isn't actually that bad given his size.

Naismith when played by himself is totally anonymous. Seriously what is done is done lets get behind him like we do Ross as its not like he's the finished article either.
I respect your opinion Adversus but I don't see any improvement in the last couple of years. He was bought as a no:9 not a player in the hole(no:10) he is so easy to mark out the game at the minute. I don't like his body language at the minute either, constantly chipping away at people for not giving the 100% perfect ball. I hope I am wrong and rom starts banging them in from everywhere I have a bowl of humble pie here ready, just think he is one of our players that really needs to step it up.

I respect your opinion Adversus but I don't see any improvement in the last couple of years. He was bought as a no:9 not a player in the hole(no:10) he is so easy to mark out the game at the minute. I don't like his body language at the minute either, constantly chipping away at people for not giving the 100% perfect ball. I hope I am wrong and rom starts banging them in from everywhere I have a bowl of humble pie here ready, just think he is one of our players that really needs to step it up.
We're 5 games in and he's only 21. You won't see him fulfil his potential for another 2 or 3 seasons.

All I'm saying is his price-tag has nothing to do with him and it's unfair and unproductive to judge him against that now.

At least give him till the end of the season.

We're 5 games in and he's only 21. You won't see him fulfil his potential for another 2 or 3 seasons.

All I'm saying is his price-tag has nothing to do with him and it's unfair and unproductive to judge him against that now.

At least give him till the end of the season.
Let's hope RM plays him a little withdrawn and wide right so he can come onto the ball and smash the RS. COYB

Sit and hit them lot on the break. I don't care if we park the bus to do it, it would work. I fear that Martinez won't want to sully himself with ugly football though the useless daigo chancer.
I think that style of football can be quite attractive, it's down to how you move the ball on the break. If you hoof it forward and solely depend on a quality striker to beat his defender, it's very boring. But if we played a style similar to Dortmund's where we press high up the pitch but then transition to compact defense in our own half, and move the ball quickly forward on the ground when we win possession, it can be brilliant to watch.

We did something like that against Arsenal last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.