Next 4 League games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not expecting anything from Liverpool or utd games, its the two league games after that i expect us to get back to winning ways or at least hope
Hate to be pessimistic but I bet Spurs fans said something similar when they had Juande Ramos in charge.

Great first season (didn't they win League Cup under him?), but absolutely terrible start of next - sounds very similar to us :(

I,m not seeing anything that would suggest we could kick on from a win at liverpool.

We are all over the shop from game to game, the team selection, sub choices, the after match interviews are a real worry now.

Time for Bobby to earn his dough and start putting a string of games together that merits all of his postive attitude.

I am desperate for us to beat the rs at the weekend, i wonder if rm has learnt anything from last year. The palace game last weekend was a carbon copy of last year if anything they did not play as well, but he doesn't seem to have a game plan against counter attacking pacey sides. I think we sat to deep against Wolfsburg and we can't make that mistake against the RS, Baallotelli seems to be a fox in the box at the minute, maybe play higher and press them, especially gerrard,and bench lukaku.That's it simple 2-0 to us happy days,super kev getting a brace.

Play a high line vs a pacy counter attacking team?

Righto.

I am desperate for us to beat the rs at the weekend, i wonder if rm has learnt anything from last year. The palace game last weekend was a carbon copy of last year if anything they did not play as well, but he doesn't seem to have a game plan against counter attacking pacey sides. I think we sat to deep against Wolfsburg and we can't make that mistake against the RS, Baallotelli seems to be a fox in the box at the minute, maybe play higher and press them, especially gerrard,and bench lukaku.That's it simple 2-0 to us happy days,super kev getting a brace.
The way to beat Liverpool is by sitting back

Play a high line vs a pacy counter attacking team?

Righto.
without sturridge are Liverpool a pacey counter attacking team ? stirling has pace that's it, unlike palace whose whole front line are rapid. I may be wrong but with a big lump like balotelli up front and the lack of sturridge I am hoping they play less on the counter for our sake.

other sides have worked out Lukaku(keep him back to goal and mark tight).At the minute he looks like a sulking schoolboy, drop him out for a few games or play him in Europe only until we can get his first touch right and maybe find a position for him to be coming onto the ball facing goal which is how he scores nearly all his goals. It might sound crazy but maybe try him at the front of a diamond or as a no:10 so the centre half's can't man mark him. No holding midfielder will mark him as tight as a centre half. We can rotate naisey and eto as no:9

Lukaku has scored in his last two league games and only played the 2nd half without any number 10 and McGeady (wasteful) and Atsu (knackered) as the wingers. Oh the width was also being provided by a debutant and Hibbert.

I guess he should have had a hattrick.

Is he a 28m pound player? No not now but he has a good temperament and he's only 21. We're paying for potential as much as anything although I do think we paid a bit too much.

Lukaku has scored in his last two league games and only played the 2nd half without any number 10 and McGeady (wasteful) and Atsu (knackered) as the wingers. Oh the width was also being provided by a debutant and Hibbert.

I guess he should have had a hattrick.

Is he a 28m pound player? No not now but he has a good temperament and he's only 21. We're paying for potential as much as anything although I do think we paid a bit too much.
I agree he is a young man and a lot of the 28m is because of his age, but does anyone see an improvement in his play from his west brom days through to last year with us and a world cup under his belt. The people who have worked with him from a young age all admit he is seriously lacking in hold up /close control and for me nothing is sticking with him, he just spends the game telling people where they should have put the ball to him. For me he is one of our more out of form players and we should be choosing naisey or eto in front of him.

Sit and hit them lot on the break. I don't care if we park the bus to do it, it would work. I fear that Martinez won't want to sully himself with ugly football though the useless daigo chancer.

I couldn't agree more mate tbh but then I think if our players are any where near our own 6 yard box the rate we are going we will balloon about 3 own goals. But yeah I would sit back and soak up the pressure then look at hitting them on the break. For it to work we would need Barry and McCarthy right bang on it to stifle the middle of the park and then unleash the dragon of Mirallas and Lukaku.

I agree he is a young man and a lot of the 28m is because of his age, but does anyone see an improvement in his play from his west brom days through to last year with us and a world cup under his belt. The people who have worked with him from a young age all admit he is seriously lacking in hold up /close control and for me nothing is sticking with him, he just spends the game telling people where they should have put the ball to him. For me he is one of our more out of form players and we should be choosing naisey or eto in front of him.
I have seen an improvement yes. His touch and hold up is miles better already than it was last year. Clearly still a massive work in process but there has been a clear improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.