New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes, there's enough info there to work out what it's like, tight space (landlocked even?). No expansion. One good end, one inferior end. Steep stands starting close to the pitch, overlapped or not we don't know, there's still a few unknowns in there mind.
Mind you a lot of this was known before the fan consultation on what it should be like!

They want to build apartments and a hotel on the site, there is more than enough room to build Wembley stadium on the site

I don't even think it would take a lot of information to make us happy. An update from the club's management now and again, preferably with something tangible to show progress would be take away a lot of my criticisms.
Is there any earthly reason why a consultation phase has not been done, dusted and the data presented back to us by now? I dont see any.

It's all too vague. If it wasn't for the tweets of a man in America you;d be hard pressed to know the stadium scheme still existed. We should easily be past consultation phases with fans and at the presentation of design stage. Easily. Why aren't we there?

Is there any earthly reason why a consultation phase has not been done, dusted and the data presented back to us by now? I dont see any.

It's all too vague. If it wasn't for the tweets of a man in America you;d be hard pressed to know the stadium scheme still existed. We should easily be past consultation phases with fans and at the presentation of design stage. Easily. Why aren't we there?
Imminent.

If Moshiri persists with Koeman, and the results don't change, then the fans will be hounding Moshiri out. This will obv affect any stadium plans.

I think the fans are actually starting to think and believe this whole moshiri is our savior thing is just a façade.

afteral , what has actually changed since he has arrived ?? absolutely zero. Mediocre performances ON and OFF the pitch.

If Moshiri persists with Koeman, and the results don't change, then the fans will be hounding Moshiri out. This will obv affect any stadium plans.

I think the fans are actually starting to think and believe this whole moshiri is our savior thing is just a façade.

afteral , what has actually changed since he has arrived ?? absolutely zero. Mediocre performances ON and OFF the pitch.

Think that's a bit of a harsh assessment. No doubting the fact that on the pitch we've regressed this season. But, off the top of my head, since Moshiri came in....

1. We paid £10m to get rid of an underperforming manager
2. We paid several million £ to sign Koeman, and then gave him £7m per year. Most expensive manager in our history by far.
3. We've cleared the debts - and now owe money only to Moshiri himself - who has given us a cheap loan.
4. Goodison has been significantly redeveloped, with the new cladding, light towers and stadium art - as well as completely revamped disabled seating. None of that was free!
5. We made an historic agreement with the Council and Peel Holdings for an excellent stadium site - with an Architect appointed and fan consultation having taken place. There are initial designs. Genuinely, I know someone who has seen them and has been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement as the club is determined for plans not to be leaked. You'll just have to believe me or not on this - I'm not going to get in argument and I can't tell you everything I know or why I know it - but if you check back on my posts, you'll see I've called quite a few things right on the stadium.
6. We've seen major sponsorship deals take place - including USM sponsoring FF, binning off Chang who were massively underpaying us, and adding Angry Birds as a sleeve sponsor (yes, I know that's not popular...).
7. We've spent more than we ever have before on transfers - with over £50m spent this summer alone (after Lukaku) - following January when we spent £30m.
8. We've broken our transfer record several times (Pickford/Keane, Sigurdsson)
9. Finch Farm has seen massive improvement and investment, and there is more major expansion to come.
10. As a little brucey bonus, I'm hearing there may be some very interesting kit news for next season.

Anyway - there's no question that our signings aren't working and the team is in a rut. It seems we have appointed the wrong manager.
But to say nothing has changed is wide of the mark. The last 18 months have seen a massive sea change at the club. Ask anyone who works there.

the more we get to see and hear mr moshiri the more and more I worry.

it is farcical to say the least.

hasn't learnt anything from transfer window 1 to transfer window 3

inept board still in place

he has absolutely ZERO communication skills - but thinks that is ok

he hasn't spent any of his own wealth. he has merely scuppered our own tv revenues and profit from transfer sales. the money he has injected into us will come back to him as shares or possibly paid back as a loan.

he seems quite excellent at covering his own back.

despite lots of talk, there has been nothing concrete regards the stadium since the council announced that we have the funding vehicle in place. this doesn't mean we have the funder(s) in place and this seems to be the hold up.

That's why he's loaded mate.

I've never expected Moshiri to provide anything other than a fresh face and plan for a stadium...someone the local authorities and other potential investors/sponsors could feel they weren't wasting their time on at Everton with another crackpot stadium scheme. He made a lot of bold statements though about squad investment, so he's rightly being held to account on that score now too.

His core task though is to get a stadium sorted. It looked like things were moving along rapidly but now it looks as though it's stalled. He needs to make progress on this, and fast.

Think that's a bit of a harsh assessment. No doubting the fact that on the pitch we've regressed this season. But, off the top of my head, since Moshiri came in....

1. We paid £10m to get rid of an underperforming manager
2. We paid several million £ to sign Koeman, and then gave him £7m per year. Most expensive manager in our history by far.
3. We've cleared the debts - and now owe money only to Moshiri himself - who has given us a cheap loan.
4. Goodison has been significantly redeveloped, with the new cladding, light towers and stadium art - as well as completely revamped disabled seating. None of that was free!
5. We made an historic agreement with the Council and Peel Holdings for an excellent stadium site - with an Architect appointed and fan consultation having taken place. There are initial designs. Genuinely, I know someone who has seen them and has been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement as the club is determined for plans not to be leaked. You'll just have to believe me or not on this - I'm not going to get in argument and I can't tell you everything I know or why I know it - but if you check back on my posts, you'll see I've called quite a few things right on the stadium.
6. We've seen major sponsorship deals take place - including USM sponsoring FF, binning off Chang who were massively underpaying us, and adding Angry Birds as a sleeve sponsor (yes, I know that's not popular...).
7. We've spent more than we ever have before on transfers - with over £50m spent this summer alone (after Lukaku) - following January when we spent £30m.
8. We've broken our transfer record several times (Pickford/Keane, Sigurdsson)
9. Finch Farm has seen massive improvement and investment, and there is more major expansion to come.
10. As a little brucey bonus, I'm hearing there may be some very interesting kit news for next season.

Anyway - there's no question that our signings aren't working and the team is in a rut. It seems we have appointed the wrong manager.
But to say nothing has changed is wide of the mark. The last 18 months have seen a massive sea change at the club. Ask anyone who works there.

a lot of your points here would have been done by the old (lol) regime.

our transfer record was broken with the cash from Lukaku, its not like Moshiri lashed 100m quid in 20's on the table out of his own pocket to buy kenae, pickford and gylfi. it came from club money from the tv deal and lukaku sale.

our transfer record was broken with the cash from Lukaku, its not like Moshiri lashed 100m quid in 20's on the table out of his own pocket to buy kenae, pickford and gylfi. it came from club money from the tv deal and lukaku sale.

Yeah, the previous regime were on the ball alright. Loan deals signed by BMW dealers for millions, the Power8 shining beacon of a deal, Goodison left to rot, comfy cheap Chang deals etc etc.

You don't wanna believe in the new stadium fine but don't try to rewrite history when it comes to the previous board.

Even with that we wouldnt of payed nearly 80 million in 2 transfer windows if the old regime was still here most of it would of gone to lining their pockets and paying the interest off on the loans we had with the bank

Yeah, the previous regime were on the ball alright. Loan deals signed by BMW dealers for millions, the Power8 shining beacon of a deal, Goodison left to rot, comfy cheap Chang deals etc etc.

You don't wanna believe in the new stadium fine but don't try to rewrite history when it comes to the previous board.

I believed like you at first mate.

But I'm starting to see the light.

its all just bubbles and no action.

wasted the tv and lukaku money on rooney and the like

were not going to get rid of koeman in a hurry, cos moshiri would have to lose face admitting he wrong to appoint koeman and stand to lose out roughly 30m, having paid bobby off, compo to saints and then having to pay koeman off, all within 18 months. never going to happen.

so, as it stands, we have regressed as a club since he has arrived.

that is the ONLY thing I am interested in.

GOING BACKWARDS.

I believed like you at first mate.

But I'm starting to see the light.

its all just bubbles and no action.

wasted the tv and lukaku money on rooney and the like

were not going to get rid of koeman in a hurry, cos moshiri would have to lose face admitting he wrong to appoint koeman and stand to lose out roughly 30m, having paid bobby off, compo to saints and then having to pay koeman off, all within 18 months. never going to happen.

so, as it stands, we have regressed as a club since he has arrived.

that is the ONLY thing I am interested in.

GOING BACKWARDS.

We've regressed as a team.